Chapter 5

This story just gets better and better, doesn't it? Haha, so much anticipation to see when and how Asami finds out about Korra's secrets (which, apologetically, won't happen for a couple more chapters)! I'm such a tease xD But, thank you for so much support. I wish I could be friends with all of you, you all make me smile when you leave reviews.

Find me! Tumblr: strxnglxvatic

And, as I always forget to put in my stories: DISCLAIMER! I own my pikachu jacket!

...

~Korra~

"What is wrong with you?!" Tenzin yelled. "Do you know what could have happened to you?!"

After saving Asami half an hour ago, I ended up going back to Lin (I found out her name when Tenzin greeted her at the door). She was only a few blocks away from where it all happened, and she was pissed at me when I came back. She escorted me to Air Temple Island, the White Lotus arriving on the docks with a boat. Tenzin was waiting for me in the house. Now, we were in the kitchen with me at the table and him angrily pacing back and forth.

"I had no choice!" I said. "Asami was in trouble!"

"You risked your own exposure! Imagine what could have happened if you were hurt, or killed?" Tenzin said. "Why didn't you tell Lin?"

"I tried! She didn't believe me because she couldn't hear it!" I said.

"Is this true, Lin?" Tenzin asked.

"Unfortunately, yes." Lin said. "I couldn't hear anything. I just thought she was looking for a way to escape." She looked at me, raising an eyebrow. "I still can't understand how she heard it."

I bowed my head. I still had my hood on. I whined unintentionally. "I'm sorry for disobeying you, Tenzin. And I'm sorry that I used my wolf. But my friend was in trouble, and I wasn't going to let anything happen to her." I looked at him from the corner of my eye. "If I'm who you say I am, the Avatar, you're going to have to let me out someday. The world is going to need me one day and, when that comes, even you won't be able to keep me from it.."

Tenzin sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm glad you're sorry, but that doesn't keep me from disciplining you. You purposely disobeyed my rules." I whined again. "And you're not ready to go out by yourself. If you can't control yourself, I'll have to consider taking you out of the high school."

"What?!" I yelped. My ears trembled and I had to hold my hood to keep it from falling. "That isn't fair!"

"Just...go to your room, Korra." Tenzin said. "It's late, and you still have school tomorrow."

I gritted my teeth, holding back a growl, and shoved my chair away from the table. I stomped down to my room, slamming the sliding doors behind me. What a way to end my first day of high school. I tugged off my hoodie and tossed it behind me onto the floor. I probably wouldn't pick it up later. I took off my sweatpants, leaving me in my tank top and boxers. I'd worry about the bindings my chest later. At the moment, I just wanted to meditate. I sat down on my bed, folding my legs and putting my hands together in my lap. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

I don't know what made me want to check in on Asami. Well, I mean, I knew why. But my spirit knew before I did. When I opened my eyes, I was...in her room? Yeah, I was. And I was above her. She, too, was on her bed in her pajamas. She was staring at her hands, a troubled expression on her face.