A sneak peak at my new book

A/N: This is a sneak peak at the new book I'll be writing soon. For some context its a grim reaper au (not sure if this has been done. Probably, or at least something similar lol). So basically grim reapers are the ones who cause death and help those who have died pass on. Amane is a grim reaper and is tasked to kill/ help this girl pass on. But what happens if he breaks the two most important rules of  the grim reaper society, not carrying through with a task and falling in love with said human he was supposed to kill/ help pass on.  (I'm not very good at explaining things sorry...) Below is a small portion of the first chapter, hopefully it makes some sense.            

 Chapter 1:

                                                                                   Amane (POV)

Humans. They foolishly waste their days doing the same things over and over thinking they'll actually accomplish something, that is until they die of course. Now that's where I come in, I am one of the many grim reapers that help those close to their death beds pass on. You might be thinking 'Wait what do you mean many? Isn't there only one grim reaper?' but you see that's one of the many things you humans get wrong. Yes we grim reapers might not be alive like you humans, and don't need sleep but nearly 150,000 people die a day and that's quite impossible without some help. And when I say 'we help you pass on' I mean we are the ones responsible for things such as heart attacks, people dying in their sleep, dying of old age, and anything else that results in death, well except murders and suicides, those are out of our control. I have helped thousands of souls pass on for over half a century and never once cared for a single one of them. I truly didn't care who died, I didn't that is until I met her. She was the one who changed my life, for the better or the worse.