Chapter 7

After school

                                                                                 Yashiro (POV)

Once my last period ended I headed towards the school gate. I knew it would be a while until Han- er I mean, Amane-kun to arrive so I started reading a new romance book I recently bought. I opened the book and picked up from where I last left off. 'If only love was as easy as it is in books. If it was I would have already found my soulmate, who am I kidding my soulmate would leave me the second he sees my daikon legs.' I thought as I turned the page. 'Well unless my soulmate was the one who wrote the love letters. In that case wouldn't it be Minamoto sempai, I mean he did say he was the one who wrote the letters. Minamoto sempai is handsome, nice, charming, and smart, everything I've ever wanted in a guy but now I'm not so sure anymore if I want him to be my soulmate.'

"Hey Yashiro, whatcha reading?" I look up to see Amane-kun staring at me, waiting for my response.

"Oh I'm just reading a new book I recently just got." I responded.

"What's it about?" He asked curiously.

"It's about a girl who is in love with a boy, who only likes her as a friend until he starts to get to know her more but by then it's too late." I explained.

"So it's a sappy romance novel?" 

"It's not just a sappy romance novel, it's about two people falling in love with each other. Love is a beautiful thing, something you can't take for granted. Something I wish I could share with someone." 

"Well I know you'll find someone who you share your love with. It could be anyone,.....it could even be me." He said, grinning at me.

"Stop joking around Hanako-kun! I said, hitting him with my book.

"Heh if only I was joking." He muttered under his breath.

"What did you say?" I asked

"Oh I just said you accidently called me Hanako-kun again." He replied, smiling .

"Sorry, I'm still trying to get used to calling you Amane-kun from now on."

'Did he just say what I think he just said? You know what I probably misheard him that's all.' I then got up and walked over to the gate.

"Come on we should probably head to my house now." I said, opening the gate and walking onto the sidewalk in front of it. I look behind me to see him standing in front of the gate not moving. 'Oh that's right he hasn't left the school since he was last alive so he's more than likely scared to go past it.' I then grabbed his arm and pulled him past the gate.

"It's okay, I've got you now." I said. He looked at me with his eyes widened and his cheeks started to go pink. 

"Sorry, I shouldn't have grabbed your arm, should I?" I asked as I grew flustered by what I had just done.

"N-no it's ok I don't mind at all." He said.

"Ok." We walked to my house with me holding his arm the whole way. When we got to my house I stopped in front of my front door hoping I was right about my parents being okay with letting Amane-kun stay at our house. I took a deep breath in and entered.

                                                                                 Amane (POV)

When we finally got to her house Yashiro stopped in front of the door to her house and took a deep breath, which kind of worried me, not gonna lie. She lead me into her house through the front door, with her hand still holding my arm. We walked into a hallway and took a turn to what looked to be her kitchen. In her kitchen stood a tall women with long gray hair with teal tips. The women turned around to see us standing in front of her.