Chapter 8

Day 3

                                                                                          Yashiro (POV)

After school Amane-kun talked my ear off about how excited he was to see the meteor shower tonight as we walked home. He was especially elated since it only shows up every 50 to 60  years and he missed the chance to first see it when he was alive. When we arrived at my house he ran upstairs to get changed as I began to cook some goodies to snack on while we watch the meteor shower. Once I was done making the food I put it in a small picnic basket to bring with us. I glanced outside to see it was already getting dark out, so I ran upstairs to quickly throw on some clothes. 

Leaving the house walking side by side Amane-kun and I headed to find a perfect spot to watch the stars. While on our way to this perfect spot I realized that I had no idea where we were going. I was just blindly following Amane-kun assuming he knew where we were going. 

"So, do you have a planned place we're going to or was I supposed to come up with that?" I turned to ask Amane-kun, who happened to stop in his tracks and look at me confused.

"I thought you knew where we were headed." He said.

"Not really....." 

"Well if we don't know where we're going I guess we should head home because by the time we do find a spot it will probably be to late." 

"Oh.... um I guess if that's what you want..." I said looking down at my feet. 'I don't get it I thought he really wanted to watch the stars with me. Why would he throw it away just like that? What a waste.' I thought.

"Yashiro, I'm just kidding!" I look up to see him laughing. "I wouldn't throw away the chance to stargaze with you that easily."

"So what you just said was a joke about not knowing where we're headed and all that?"

"Yes, of course. Trust me I picked out the perfect spot for just the two of us." He said smiling, he then started to walk on ahead again. 'Phew! It was just a joke. I'm so glad, I was really scared there for a moment.'

"Yashiro, are you coming or what?" 

"Yeah, one sec!" I shouted as I ran in his direction. When I caught up with him he looked and me and laughed.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"Oh come on just tell me!" I begged.

"Ok fine, I laughed cause I thought your daikon legs look adorable while you run." He smirked. 'Eeh! What did he just say?!' I stopped in my tracks to look at my legs. 'They aren't adorable and he knows it, he's just teasing me again like always.'

"Okay, guess I'm leaving you then." He said walking backwards, already far ahead.

"When I catch you I'm gonna kill you for making fun of me!" I yelled. As soon as I said that his eyes got big and he started to run. It took a while for me to catch up to him but by then we were both out of breath. 'Who knew he could run so fast.' I thought while gasping for breath.

"We're here." Amane-kun said, motioning in front of him. I look over to see an empty playground.

"This is the spot?" I asked unsure.

"Yep." He said as he set a blanket down on the grass, along with the picnic basket on top of it. He then sat down and patted the blanket as if to say 'come sit next to me'. I walked over and sat down right by his side.

"The meteor shower isn't going to start for a while so in the mean time what do you want to talk about?" He said awaiting my answer.

"Well I don't having anything in mind but, I still haven't killed you for making fun of my legs earlier." I said as I launched myself at him tickling him as revenge.