十五

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❛𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞❜

THE HOWLS OF THE WINDS AND THE SONGS OF THE NIGHT were the only sounds that remained calm among the ruckus. The train was flipped onto its side, and the demon's remains covered the vehicle. Inosuke could be seen pulling out different passengers from the car from the distance, and a flash of yellow and pink caught your eye.

You sighed in relief, Zenitsu, and Nezuko are safe.

Rengoku was by your side just moments later, after you calmed down and help Tanjiro recover from his stab wound. Contrary to how he is normally, in those moments, he helped taught Tanjiro on his breathing was nothing short of a pillar.

"Focus, Tanjiro," He pointed to the boy's forehead, his widened gaze burning with pressure. Tanjiro squinted his eyes as he focused on the flow of his blood, just like a river stream that flowed down a mountain, he could feel his blood.

"Good, focus some more," Rengoku commented, "Find the blood vessel."

Tanjiro took a deep breath in and shivered out his breath, his eyes staring far off into the distance as he concentrated solely on his breathing. Then, Tanjiro felt a throb on his abdomen, and he could visualize all of his blood vessels, one particular vessel burst open.

"There. You found it. Stop the bleeding."

The boy gritted his teeth as he took another breath in and put pressure on the wound, sucking in as much air as he could. After a painful throb jolted through his body, he could feel the bleeding stop.

Tanjiro gasped out and stabled his labored breathing. Rengoku's grin widened, "Yup! You stopped it!"

You relaxed your form as soon as those words left his mouth. You gazed down softly at Tanjiro, "You did a good job."

Tanjiro smiled widely at your praise, a look of relief washed over his face.

"If you master your breathing, you'll be able to accomplish more than you could think. It's not that you can do everything, but you can definitely get stronger compared to how you were the day before." Rengoku's voice was soft-spoken, yet his words planted itself into Tanjiro's mind, a constant reminder to get stronger.

"Y-Yes..." He gaped out, a look of wonder placed on his face.

Rengoku smiled and it looked warm, a bright smile that could reassure anyone that would see it, "Everyone is safe! There's a lot of injured people, but there's nothing life-threatening! You two don't have to push any further now—!"