二十一

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

❛𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬❜

CALMNESS AND STILLNESS LIKE THE RIVER and serenity to the soul. That was how Tomioka faced himself as a Pillar. He is a man of very few words and would rather keep to himself than interact with the other Pillars or demon slayers. 

The moment he heard of the news that you were going to be under his care, awaiting his confirmation, he started thinking of ways to avoid the situation. 

I could refuse this, but that would be rejecting a demon slayer's improvement... He thought.

Interactions are not his forte. He keeps to himself and does not talk to the other Pillars as often as one should. What does that have to say about you, a person who met in a small period of time? 

Tomioka does have some good opinions on you—you held a similar view on demons like him. 

The Water Pillar is a man with a strong sense of justice, with no tolerance towards those who do not know their limitations and throw away their lives. Yet, when he met with Nezuko and Tanjiro on that one winter day, he learnt of a difference. 

He let Nezuko live because he saw her humanity when the demon sister protected the boy from him. Even though she was feral, Tomioka knew that she would protect Tanjiro with her life at that moment. 

When he saw you protect Nezuko from Shinazugawa, his opinion of you changed and saw that you were like him. 

You didn't let your emotions get to you and could differentiate those who deserve death and those who do not. 

I could attempt to talk to Tsukiko... He sighed to himself. 

Interactions are truly not his forte.

You tightened the belt around your waist and wore your haori over your shoulders. You strapped your blade at your waist and checked the room. It was clean and tidied up. You were content with how pristine the room was and went out the door, closing it behind you. 

You were heading out to Tomioka's residence and prepared everything necessary for the training.

I am actually going to be under Tomioka's guidance, huh.

Surprise was an understatement when you got the news that he accepted it. You were somewhat expecting that he would refuse the request since he was a reclusive person, but you weren't going to complain about it.