17| dawn of the sixteenth

cw: blood, violence, cursing, use of alcohol

5 hours and 32 minutes until his death

I wake up with ease; to be fair, I don't think I was ever sleeping. I was too anxious, nervous. All of the practice, trial and error, the battle wounds we have collected— it all leads up to the following moment, the last hurrah.

'twas the last hurrah, only not the one she thought.

I had prepped all my weapons the day before. My best one being a bow, though I've gotten fairly decent with a sword.
All of us have been working day in and out over the course of the twenty-three days. I'm confident in our skills.

On our side, fighting with Pogtopia, we have Tommy, Wilbur, Technoblade, Niki, Quackity, Fundy and Eret.
An odd group to say the very least. Though we all have a common trait—we are misfits.

It truly does feel weird that we've gotten the original group of fighters from the first war with us. Even more surreal that Eret has joined us once again, maybe more so that he was allowed to.

Rounding the corner, meeting the group of fighters. Everyone was prepared. We will set out and make the first move.
We have no mercy— not anymore.
The rules stopped applying months ago.

I had walked into the middle of a conversation between Wilbur and Tommy.
"Tommy, we can't keep talking like this isn't over. This is where we take it all back, either that, or we get nothing. Are you ready?"

The blond boy stayed silent, he was nervous, even if it was pitch black you could see that.
Though he nodded.

Wilbur took this, signaling everyone to follow him. Bringing us all to the surface, together we will charge.

Before a deep monotone voice stopped it all.
Technoblade's voice.
"I have the ultimate supplies for the revolution. I've been preparing for the past two months, we do not lack items. Follow me."

So we did.
A situation that felt too familiar to the last.
Following a man with full hope, to a secret base, that is filled with supplies.
Tommy and Tubbo stuck closely to my side, I can tell the two must be thinking the same.
A sense of deja vu covering my senses, a toxic feeling of such.

Though when we had arrived— Techno hadn't lied, he had stayed loyal.
"I am ready for revolution boys!"

The group of us are surrounded by shevles that were filled with glowing netherite weapons, enchanted bows, and multiple stands that held netherite armor that gleamed of a purple hue. Chests that were stacked with potions of all colors.

All of shouting out of awe, taking things left and right, stuffing our pockets and holsters with everything we could fit.
Swapping weapons we once had that couldn't even compare with the things Techno had collected.

Once all of us were covered in full netherite armor, with everything we needed, we set out for the railroad.
Onwards to Manburg.

Upon arrival was as peaceful as we predicted.
The men of the opposing side stood, with their crossbows aimed at our heads.
Chaos has begun.

Rockets and arrows sore through the sky.
Flashing in the air, almost like a shooting star, only they were a lot less calming.

People of both groups scattered throughout the entire nation.

On my tail was an angered Sapnap, we had met once again. I would have ran like I once did, he is stronger than myself. Though I am thirsty, with a quench only blood can fill.

I turn to look him in the face, my sword gripped tightly in my hand. I've never been too great with one, though with the practice I've had, and the adrenaline I feel, I'm confident.