十二

Kaeya pulls up a wooden chair next to the bed. He takes a seat and silently observes the unconscious person laying there.

She's Akira. He remembers that much from when she was with Diluc.

Her blue hair is sprawled across the white pillow. The once unscathed neck she had was now bruised. Under the covers of the bed were her wrists, which were burnt from electricity.

Kaeya wished to know more about her. He could tell Diluc had caught feelings for the girl.

Someone who could accomplish such a feat has to be a unique person. Kaeya believes that if he gets close to this girl, he could become friends with Diluc and they become happy brothers once more.

It might be a pipe dream, but Kaeya allowed himself to entertain the idea.

Several of Akira's friends had come to visit her throughout the day. Some had guilty looks on their faces, others just looked devastated.

After they all left, Kaeya came at sunset. Akira was resting in a bed in the Church of Favonius, where Deaconess Barbara can treat her.

As if Akira knew that Kaeya was thinking about her, her eyes opened.

。。。。

  I awake to the sight of a man with a black eyepatch. It takes a second for my brain to remember him.

  Kaeya. A Calvary Captain in the Knights of Favonius.

  "Hm? Seems that sleeping beauty has finally awakened," he immediately says, mischief lacing his voice.

  I ignore him for a moment to figure out where I am exactly. The ceiling in the room is high, and there are  clean white curtains separating multiple beds.

  Next to me is a small nightstand with a glass of water and a bouquet of Cecilias. I see a few Windwheel Asters tucked between the white flowers, along with single Wolfhook and a Small Lamp Grass. 

  Kaeya sees me staring at the bouquet in bewilderment and chuckles.

  "Venti, Bennett, Diluc, and this strange boy named Razor all contributed to that," Kaeya explains. "Lumine, Sucrose, and Albedo also stopped by."

  I'm speechless. That many people came to see me? Me? Also, how did Razor even find out about this in the first place?

  "Oh, wow," I manage to say, gripping the white sheets tighter.

  I take notice of the burns on my wrists, and the events of yesterday come crashing down on me like a wave.

  "Venti and Lumine," I say, clenching my fists. I take a deep breath, a futile attempt to calm my pounding heart. I look into Kaeya's periwinkle eye.

  "Are they—are they okay?" I weakly say. Kaeya nods, and it feels like a weight is lifted off my shoulders.

  My next thought is that I have to see them. Now. I need answers. Like who was that mysterious woman, and why did she attack us and call Venti a god?

  If he really is Barbatos, I wouldn't know what to say. How could I continue to hold a grudge against a god?

  I slip off the bed, onto my feet. I'm pleased to see I'm in the same clothes I was in yesterday, so I wouldn't have to waste time changing.

"Kaeya," I say with newly found confidence. He lets out a hum to let me know he's listening. "Where are they?"

  He clasps his hands together in his lap and gives me a smile. "I do believe they said something about Windrise. If they're not there, feel free to come back.
I enjoy your company."