Haruto, I'm sure you would love the books in this world.

                                       。。。。

     The twigs in my hand went tumbling to the dirt, landing in a puddle. I stare at them in disbelief.

   I'd spent the last twenty minutes gathering them for a fire for Bennett and I. It was incredibly hard considering my broken arm.

   I heaved a sigh and trudged back to where the said green eyed boy was, feeling defeated.

   He was laying on a pile of leaves, half awake. Maybe his bad luck caused me to drop the twigs..

   I walked up to him and sat down. Bennett took notice of me and rolled over to face me. I shivered from the cold.

   "Akira, what's wrong?" he mumbles sleepily, rubbing his eyes. I give him a half hearted smile. I just can't tell a cute boy like him I ruined our only chance of having a warm night.

The moon was already rising and I could see twinkling stars appearing. "Nothing."

Then I get an idea. I lay down next to Bennett and wrap my arms around his slim waist, being careful with my broken one.

His eyes widen and a dark blush rises to his cheeks, barely visible in the night. Bennett's mouth falls open.

"H-huh?!"

Bennett's POV

My heart is thumping widely, as my face is an inch away from hers. Her yellow eyes are already closed, so I take a moment to admire how delicate her features are.

The way her eyes droop slightly. The fullness of her pink lips. Perfect. Everything about her is just...perfect.

Suddenly I feel I am lacking something. It feels as if there is a hole in my hear and Akira is the only one who can fill it.

I take a deep breath and wrap my own arms around her, and we're in a tight, warm embrace.

This would be the best experience of my life if I wasn't terrified of hurting her with my terrible luck.

No. Now is not the time to worry about that. I should enjoy this while it lasts.

I bury my face in the crook of her neck and breath in her intoxicating sweet scent.

Suddenly I realize I might be making her uncomfortable and pull away instantly.

I relax a little when I see she is fast asleep.

。。。。

Akira's POV

"Grrr.."

"Grrrrrr!"

...What is that noise? I open my eyes to see Bennett's back facing away from me.

Ours legs are tangled, but I carefully pull away to investigate the noise.

I get on my feet and scan the area wearily. My eyes land on a person facing away from us with spiky silver hair. The person's Electro Vision glistens in the sunrise.

They are facing a horde of large Hydro Slimes. I wince when their claymore pierces one of the smaller slimes. Would they kill me like that if I showed my true form?

The thought makes me fish the container of pills from my pocket and quickly swallow one.

I spend a moment longer staring at the mysterious person and decide they are a male that needs help.