Ma Belle Chérie

This is an actual chapter! ❤️
Ignore the black spots—
"This is Ray"
3rd P.O.V.
___________

A shadow whooshed through the water, a curious look on his face as he touched the ruined remains of the colorful balloons, pieces of them still in the trees.

It then smirks as it dashed against a another tree, inhaling before letting out an loud shriek, and slithering off deeper into the bayou, the other shadows shrieking in reply as they follow through the trees.

(Y/N) P.O.V.
. . . . .

"... You going to see a blind nutria." Ray chuckled. "You say 'Hello?' And he say 'What?' And you say 'That's ugly fish!"

You all laughed brightly at his joke, still giggling, you gesture to still heated pumpkin, tasing your bowl. "Does anyone want seconds?"

Naveen stands up, a smile on his face as he hands you his bowl. "That was magnificent! You truly have a gift."

Your eyes widen, shocked. But you smile. "Oh, thank you."

As you finished filling Naveen's bowl, you hear Ray gasp. Looking up to see him flying upwards, gazing at the star-lit night.

"There she is." He whispers, a love-struck smile in his face. "The sweetest firefly in all creation."

You jump onto a lily pad, Naveen jumping next to you as you look around eagerly with a excited smile. "Evangeline? She's here?"

"I want to meet this girl! Where she at?" Louis questions, eating furiously from his bowl, licking his fingers as he looks around.

Ray turns around to look at you all. "How you can miss her?" He turns back to look at the North Star. "She glowing right up there in front of y'all."

From the lily pad, you and Naveen look at each other with confused looks as Ray flies higher, Louis still eating.

"Look how she lights up the sky, Ma Belle Evangeline." Ray sways, in love as you looks at him with a small smile, watching as he creates a heart around the North Star.

Louis laughs. "That ain't no fire—" he stops when Naveen throws his bowl at his head, shushing him as you cross your arms and shake your head.

"So far above me yet I know her heart belongs to only me." He sighs with a happy smile, moving towards a tree, making another heat and moving a arrow across it, 'E+R' at the bottom. You 'aww' quietly at that, Naveen chuckling.

"Je t'adore."

Naveen waves his hand towards you. "I adore you."

"Je t'aime."

"I love you." His eyes widen when he sees your raised brow and unimpressed look, making him nervous and backtrack himself. "I'm just translating."

"Evangeline, you're my queen of the night. So still, so bright." Ray kisses the water, the North Stars reflection rippling into another heart, you and Naveen's reflections showing as he looks at you with a smile.

"That someone as beautiful as she could love someone like me." You don't notice Naveen until he takes your hand, and putting your hand around his torso. Your eyes widen as you take your hand back, gulping subtlety. "N-no, I don't dance, Princey."

"Love always finds a way it's true!" He ignores you, taking your hand again. You jump and yank it back again, moving away from him onto another lily pad as he frowns and watches you fumble with your fingers, a shamed look on your face. "I never danced before, Naveen."