The Frog Prince

(Y/N) P.O.V:
——————

"(N/N), honey, did you see the way he danced with me?" Charlotte daydreams as she powders her face, giggling. "A marriage proposal can't be far behind. Thank you, Evening Star!"

You bit your lip as you fixed the gloves on your dress, looking at yourself one more time before taking a deep breath and walking out slowly.

Charlotte doesn't notice you as she opens a box and takes out mascara. "You know, I was starting to think that wishing on stars was just for babies and crazy people." She gasps when she sees you in the mirror, turning around and looking at you.

"Look at you." You keep your head down as she continues to speak. "Aren't you just as pretty as a magnolia in May."

You smile softly, looking up. "Thank you, Charlotte." You walk towards her bed and sit down, watching your friend as she takes a tiara from her dresser.

"Seems like only yesterday when we were only little girls, dreaming our fairytale dreams, and tonight they are finally coming true." Charlotte puts the tiara on your head before fixing it a little bit, a dreamy look on her face before she pulls up her dress up to her chest.

"Well! Back into the fray! Wish me luck!" Charlotte elbows you softly before rushing to her door, opening and slamming it back as she speeds back to the dance floor. "Oh, Naveen!"

From Charlotte's bed you look at her door for another minute before turning and looking at your ruined costume. You dig through the pocket and grab the picture of the restaurant out of it, unfolding it and staring at it with melancholy.

You sigh sadly. "Almost...." standing up from the bed, you walk to the balcony. You lean on the railing. You look up at the North Star as the party continues on below. "Almost there...."

"People would have come from everywhere." You stare at the picture again, 'Silver bell Palace' staring back at you. You groan quietly, placing the picture close to you before closing your eyes to stop the small tears as you look down dejectedly. "We were almost there."

Opening your eyes again, you blink to stop any tears that might have stayed. You look up at the North Star again, biting your lip as you think.

Having enough, you groan again before shaking your head in denial. "I cannot believe I'm doing this." You hold the picture close as you close your eyes and wish.

"Please, please, please....."

You open your eyes again, looking down at the party. Noticing something next to you, you turn your head and your eyes widen before deadpanning.

Groaning for the third time, you look at the frog, keeping your deadpanned look as you lean your head in your hand. "Very funny. Hilarious."

You shake your head softly as you look at the green animal. "So what now Prince Charming? I reckon you want a kiss?"

The frog stares at you for a moment before lifting its webbed hand, a smug look on its face at its stares at you. "Kissing would be nice, yes?"

Your eyes widen as you scream, making the frog jump back as you speed walk backwards, slamming into the shelf. You drop the picture as stuffed animals and dolls land on you.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I'm sorry." The frog laughs in amusement as you look at him panicked. "I did not mean to scare you. I— wait, no, no, no!"

He jumps and dodges all of the dolls and animals you're throwing, he yelps as he takes cover behind a stuffed bear. He gives you a flirtatious look as he leans on the toy. "You have a very strong arm, princess."