Chapter 22 : Gollum

Welcome to chapter 22!

________

Start of recap...

"Frodo, not again" mutters Calen she grabs her dagger and throws it successfully it hits the tentacle holding Frodo.

Legolas shoots the same tentacle holding Frodo just as Calens Dagger his its mark.

Boromir and Aragorn rush to the water with their swords, and attack the Watcher. It flings Frodo around in the air.

As this happens Calen grabs the Hobbits and pulls them into the Cave with her where they are out of the way.

Boromir slices the tentacle holding Frodo, who falls, and Boromir catches him. Aragorn and Boromir retreat towards the cave

Gandalf: Into the Mines!

Boromir: Legolas!

Aragorn: Into the cave! Run!

End of recap...

Third person pov...

Legolas shoots an arrow into the Watcher’s eye. It pulls back and as the Fellowship race into Moria, it reaches out and slams the gates shut.

Calen the last one in she just about jumps in time as the rocks collapse on them.

Rocks drop and the roof of the passage collapses. Total darkness falls. Then a faint beam of light emits from Gandalf’s staff, showing the startled faces of the Fellowship.

Calen jumps as the light appears "Bloody Hell Mithrandir a litte warning next time" she sassed earning a light glare from the Wizard

Gandalf: We now have but one choice. We must face the long dark of Moria. Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.

The Fellowship carefully makes its way over the floor and up the steps.
Calen shivers "I hate Orcs, horrible things" she mutters walking between her two brothers.

Gandalf: Quietly now. It’s a four-day journey to the other side. Let us hope that our presence may go unnoticed.

The Fellowship walks down the halls of Moria. As they walk, Gandalf runs his hand over the walls.

Gandalf: The wealth of Moria was not in gold or jewels – but mithril.

"like Bilbos chain shirt" said Calen getting a nod from the Wizard.

Gandalf shines his light down into a vast mine below. Everyone stares in wonder at it. Pippin holds Merry back from getting too close to the edge.

Gandalf: Bilbo had a shirt of mithril rings that Thorin gave him.

Gimli: Oh, that was a kingly gift!

Gandalf: Yes. I never told him, but its worth was greater than the value of the Shire.

"what really" yells Both Calen and Frodo, "awwwe Uncle Thorin never told me that" grumbles Calen.