Chapter 11: The Prancing Pony

Start of recap...

As she nears the ferry, the Nazgûl follows as she runs towards the Ferry

Sam: Calen!

Hobbits: Run Calen!

Frodo: Go!

Hobbits: Hurry!

Hobbits: Jump Calen! Go on faster! Jump!

Calen leaps onto the ferry, and the Nazgúl's horse slides just on the edge, nearly falling into the water.

The hobbits sits on the ferry, seeing the Nazgúl turn around and riding off

Frodo: How far to the nearest crossing?

Merry: Brandywine Bridge: Twenty miles.

"Thank the Valar" Calen exclaimed breathlessly as she slumps down on the ferry

End of recap...

Third person pov...

It is night by the time they arrive in bree wet and cold from the rain they knock on the gate doors.

Their hoods are up and covering their faces from the cold, the door opend and the gate keeper speaks.

Gatekeeper: What do you want?

Frodo: We're heading for the Prancing Pony.

Gatekeeper: Hobbits and an Elf! Four hobbits and one Elf! What business brings you to Bree?

Frodo: We wish to stay at the inn. Our business is our own.

Gatekeeper: Alright young sir, I meant no offense. It's my job to ask question after nightfall. There's talk of strange folk abroad. Can't be too careful.

'I bet he's talking about the Black Riders' thought Calen.

they walk up the road towards the Prancing Pony

Men of Bree: Out of the Way! Watch where you're going!

Calen glares at the man and brought the Hobbits closer to her. They see the sign of the Prancing Pony and enter

Frodo: Excuse me?

Butterbur: Good evening, little masters and my Lady! If you're seeking accommodations, we've got some nice, cozy, hobbit-sized rooms available and one Man Sized, Mr. Uh....

"Underhill" whispers Claen into his ear, Frodo looks at her and nodds slightly.

Frodo: ...Underhill, my name's Underhill.

Butterbur: Underhill. Yes.

Frodo: We're friends of Gandalf the Grey. Can you tell him we've arrived?

Butterbur: Gandalf? Gandalf? Ohh yes! I remember, elderly chap, big gray beard, pointy hat. (Frodo nods) Not seen him for 6 months.