Chapter 12

Hey guys!  We are back to Thalia's POV for this chapter.  If you didn't get my message, I just want to say thank you all for 2,000 reads!  I really appreciate all of your support.  I had a bit of writer's block, so this chapter did not get up as soon as I wanted, but here it is.  There is a lot of fluff lol.  Keep writing.  

-Karazorel257

Thalia's POV

Thalia and Zoe did not always see eye-to-eye, but that did not mean she wasn't thrilled to see her again.  How am I going to tell Artemis?  Thalia thought as they walked back to camp.  She had told the huntresses to gather their things so they could meet Artemis back at the Lansing portal.   

Zoe and Artemis had been friends for hundreds of years.  Artemis had taken her loss very hard, and sometimes Thalia would catch her looking at Zoe's constellation with a sad gaze.  Could Zoe stay with them?  Technically, she was dead, but here she was.  

Zoe and Laelaps seemed to have a bond of some sorts, so that helped with their mission.  Zoe was talking with Reyna, exchanging stories about their greyhounds.  Laelaps, Aurum, and Argentum frolicked around in the snow together, Laelaps making huge footprints for the two automatons to step into.  

Once they got to camp, the girls easily packed up.  Thalia went to her tent and tapped it to turn it back into a handkerchief and placed it in her pack.  Zoe left Reyna's side and came up to Thalia.  Thalia was surprised when Zoe wrapped her arms around her warmly.  

"Thank you for taking care of them, Thalia."  She squeezed her tighter.  Zoe didn't say anything more, putting all her gratitude into the hug.  

"The hunt has been a great home for me."  Thalia let go of Zoe.  There was no avoiding Zoe's reunion with Artemis.  It would happen, and hopefully the Goddess would take it well.  Perhaps she should call Apollo for back-up now that he was a God again, but what would she say to him?  

Oh Lord Apollo, your sister is probably going to have an emotional breakdown because we accidentally summoned her best friend from the constellations.  Got any advice?  

"Sky!"  She yelled.  "Fly on ahead and make sure the path to the portal is clear."  Sky nodded to her lieutenant and flew off.  Thalia could not predict how Artemis would react, so instead she focused on what she could control.  

Thalia figured that Zoe would go and catch up with her old friends, but she stayed by Thalia's side.  

"Is Mia thy second-in-command?" Zoe asked her as the girls started their trek back to the tree portal.  

"Well, no." Thalia said.  "When you, umm, died, Mia didn't speak for months.  She was completely heartbroken.  I chose Sandy to be my Second."

Zoe frowned and looked down.  "Sandy is a great huntress.  I'm sure she has done well."

"Zoe, I'm sure this must be hard for you, but I am happy you're here."  Thalia put an arm around her.  "Mia may have been sad, we all were, but what happened was meant to happen, and now you're here again."

Zoe looked at Thalia grimly.  "Many of my old friends have passed on.  I visit them in Elysium, and they are the same.  But what if my friends who remain are different?  What if they find it strange being around me? What if Artemis does?"

"Zoe, you are still the same awesome, tough, badass woman you have always been."  Thalia said.  Zoe grinned at her widely.  

"The girls are happy you're here.  I'm sure they're a little confused, but they're happy.  I haven't seen Mia smile so much since you've died.  Artemis will be happy to see you too.  You're home now in some weird miracle way, so enjoy being home."  Thalia assured her.