Chapter 7 New Friends

Y/n

Y/n

I was standing in the middle of the field that I usually dreamed about but it was different. Instead of the beautiful green grass, it was now black as if it was burnt. The healthy trees that surround the opening of the clearing were withered and dead. The only healthy tree that stood in the center of the field was a Wisteria tree. The Wisteria tree still stood tall but the once beautiful purple petals were now tainted red. A feeling of dread was inside me as I stood in the dark clearing.

My body moved by its self and I made my way to the Wisteria tree. At the base of the tree stood a woman. I had seen her many times in my dreams but I could never see her face. The only reason I knew it was her was because of her signature purple kimono.

The closer I got to the woman the more my head hurt. I was as close as I could get without my head exploding. When I would try to focus on her face all I could see was a blurry image.

"He found you," a soft voice said coming from the blurry woman

"What," I said confused

"I told you to be careful and you let Muzan find you," the woman said

"I didn't let anyone find me on purpose" I explained

The woman scoffed at me she seemed to be annoyed with me.

"You haven't explained anything what am I? Why do demons act possessive around me?" I said aggressively

The fact the I had seen this woman multiple times but she had yet to explain anything to me was starting to piss me off.

"I wish I could explain everything but I can't. It would do more harm than good." The woman said

I could hear the sadness in her voice it seemed as if she cared for me. The petals started to fall from the tree hitting me in the face. I felt something wet against my cheek so I gently touched it. When I pulled my fingers away to examine it I saw that it was a red liquid. A petal fell into my open palm and I noticed that the petals weren't red but just covered in red liquid. My stomach twists into knots once I noticed that it looked like blood.

More petals began to fall blocking my view of the woman. The red liquid on the petals smeared onto my body.

"It seems our time is up. Make sure Muzan isn't the only one you look out for those Hashira are up to no good" the woman said but her voice was fading at the end making it hard to hear.

The petals fell faster hitting me in the face and taking away my sight. Everything went black until my body jerked hard opening my eyes to dim light.

The first thing I noticed was a pain that took over my body. The battle with the demon Mai was intense and my body was feeling the effects of the battle. I try to move but realize I was being restrained. Two sets of strong arms were wrapped around my waist stopping me from getting up.