Chapter 10- Darkness Takes Over

Danny POV

After a few days had passed, I started acting very differently. Like, if I was a psychopath or something.

Every time I see someone in pain, I would laugh. If someone is hurting another person, I wouldn't help them. If Team Phantom got hurt, I would shrug and leave.

Of course, this didn't go unnoticed by the rest of the world.

They were concern and asked me if I was alright.

I 'smiled' and tell them that I was fine, always worked whenever I'm asked. 

Needless to say, I was doing alright with Ruse through everything that has happened. 

While she may or may not be with me, twenty-four-seven, I could feel her near me. Even if she was invisible, I would be able to detect her. 

I walked around school as usual and sighed as I saw Team Phantom again.

'Sheesh, are these battles that pathetic to have all of them fighting?' I thought, walking to the opposite to avoid them. 

However, fate just had to ruin me as Phantom saw me right before being smashed to the wall.

I muffled my laugh while clenching onto my stomach as I tried to walk away.

'Oh boy, I should've taken a picture!' I thought.

Then, I felt someone grabbing my shoulder, causing me to act out and flipped them to the ground. 

It was Tucker, and he was petrified when I did that.

It shocked Sam and Phantom as they were done defeating the ghost.

"W-Whoa, we just wanted to talk!" Tucker said, trying to reassure me no harm.

I didn't let him go for a few moments but, reluctantly, did. 

He sighed out of relief, but I didn't buy it.

"What now?" I asked sharply.

They didn't know what to say, so I began to walk away.

"W-Wait!" I heard Sam pleaded.

I groan and turned around.

"What?! I don't have all day!" I barked.

"We wanted to apologize the other day... We didn't mean to bother you," Phantom said, not looking at me.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, but they could clearly see that.

"Danny, can you ever forgive us?" Sam asked, no pleaded, again. 

I darkly glared at them, not noticing the symbols glowing. 

However, Phantom could see that, and he was shocked.

"D-Danny, why are your arms have glowing symbols?" Phantom asked, examining me.

Sam and Tucker were confused, but I knew he could only see them.

So, I decided to play dumb.

"What are you talking about?" I asked 'innocently.'

Sam and Tucker began to ask what Phantom was talking about, and that was my chance to escape.

Without them knowing, I disappeared, just 'poof.'

I managed to get near my house, but I didn't feel like entering.

'Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something?' I thought, before feeling Ruse's presence. 

"Hey, Ruse," I mumbled, knowing that she would get angry.

"Damn it," I heard her say, making me smugly smiled. 

I laughed and went inside.

I didn't say hello to my 'parents' or Jazz, and I just didn't care.

Once we were in my room, I felt the symbols glowing even brighter.

"Hey, Ruse, what you say if we went on a little field trip?" I randomly asked.

This surprised her, but she said that I'll be fine as long as I don't have to that school.

I smirk darkly, and with that, I felt more powerful now than ever...

*In Danny's mind*

Real Danny POV

"W-Where am I?" I asked out loud, looking at the supposed 'void' I'm in.

"Where's my family?! Sam, Tucker?! Phantom?! Anyone??!!" I shouted, panicking. 

"What is going on???"

"Hello, Danny," I heard a voice said.

I turned and saw... another me?

"What the-"

Before I could finish my sentence, I was punched in the stomach, making me choke.

I fell to the ground, and let the darkness consume me into the unconscious.