Chapter 3- Danny's "New" Friend

Danny POV

I woke up from my sleep and felt different.

Like, not too good but not too bad.

I got up and let out a sigh before getting up.

I looked at the mirror in my room and saw that the black eye was gone.

I sigh thankfully, got to change into new clothes, and went downstairs.

Just to my luck, my family was there.

"Danno, good morning," Jack said.

I grunted and sat down in front of them. 

I didn't bother talking to them since they were too busy for me, but I managed to overhear their conversation.

"Still, one of these days, we'll capture that Ghost Boy!" Jack cheerfully said.

Not with you two playing dumb, I thought, smirking.

"Now, now, Jack. We will capture him and break him molecule by molecule!" Maddie said while siding on Jack's side.

Not if he escapes from you like all those other times, I thought while grinning.

Of course, that grin wasn't for them as they saw it and thought that it was for them.

Jazz appeared and brought out the pancakes that she made.

"Here you are. I thought I had to wake you up," Jazz said, handing me a plate.

I 'thanked' her and began to eat breakfast.

At least, this is one of those rare moments..., I thought to myself.

Once I was done with my food, I got up, 'thanked' Jazz again, and rushed to my room.

 I thought to myself that for the rest of the day, I wouldn't do anything.

Not even go out, which is something I usually do. 

I closed the door and locked it the minute I arrived and sat on the bed.

"Well, aren't you something?" A familiar voice said.

I looked at the ghost, and it was the same one that 'saved' me from yesterday.

"Hello to you too," I said, looking at her.

"Aw, thanks, Danny," She said while swarming around me.

I think she was looking at me, but I didn't know because her eyes were covered.

"So, what's your name? You didn't tell me," I said, wanting more information about her.

She 'looked' at me and said, "My name? I'm afraid I don't know..."

"O-Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" 

"It's alright, Danny. Look, because I don't know doesn't mean that it can be that important to me. Besides, I think that you and I are gonna have some fun together~," She said without thinking.

I blush at what she said and told her that I was way too young for that kind of stuff.

She tilts her head and said, "Why are you blushing? By fun, I mean to get to know each other more."

"Oh..." I said, completely embarrassed. 

She chuckled, and soon enough, we started to get to know each other. 

It wasn't easy for her to remember her past, but that didn't stop her from telling me stories.

One about her family, one about her past, funny moments, and others too. 

I happily laughed with her once she finished telling a funny story about her pranking her brother.

"Ever since then, he didn't want to mess with me after what he did to me a long time ago," The female ghost said.

"I kinda want to name you, if you don't mind," I suggested.

It took a few minutes, and she nodded.

I try to come up with a name until an idea was planted.

"How about Ruse? It means mischievous and feisty. Not to mention, but you did have red hair back then, right?"

She nodded, and that was her official name.

I smiled at the thought of finally having a friend in such a long time, and it brought me some tears.

"H-Hey! Are you okay?" Ruse asked me, worry written all over her face. 

"I-I'm fine, just so happy that something went right for me. I..."

Ruse hugged me tightly and let me wipe on her.

I know she's a ghost, but at that moment, it didn't bother me that she's dead.

I wasn't always happy where I'm from, but maybe Ruse can change that...

After all, why does everything go wrong with me if I do something?

Why can't I be happy for once?

Maybe with Ruse, everything will work out...

Ruse POV

Everything will work out, Danny, She thought in her head.

After all, nothing nor anyone was going to get in her way...

Even if it means the extreme use of killing...