Part 2 - Reappearance

(F/F) = Favorite food
(F/D) = Favorite drink
(H/C) = Hair color

~~~

"Are you sure you don't want me to pay, Cal? You're going through a lot right now--"

"Hey, just because I'm going through some tough stuff doesn't mean I can't treat my friend to some grub!"

Calvin pauses to think about what he just said, stopping as he walks into the restaurant. You follow shortly beside him.

"Hey, that rhymed," is all he murmurs before you facepalm, fondly shaking your head. Man, this guy is just 'childhood fun' incarnate. You're pretty glad to be friends with him.

"Anyway," you say after you're done internally sigh-laughing at Calvin's antics, "You're gonna order, too, right?"

"Of course!" he chirps, grinning from ear to ear, "I won't ever pass up a chance for some good ol' McDonald's."

"Yeah, same. Can never get tired of it, honestly."

"Okies!" exclaims Cal, clapping his hands and rubbing them together, "Whaddya wanna order?"

You place a finger to your chin, tapping contemplatively.

"...(F/F) and (F/D)," you decide after a moment, pointing your finger in finalization. Calvin nods, chuckling.

"Always that one, why did I bother asking?"

Despite knowing it's a rhetorical question, you respond, "Because you're just a polite dude."

Calvin flashes a winning smile in your direction before walking off to the McDonald's counter, beginning to speak to a woman who looks completely and utterly dead inside. You actually feel bad for her... Is the job that exhausting?

As your legs begin to feel a bit sore, you go to find a table to sit at. Soon enough, you spot an empty table that seems good enough and you sit down, sighing comfortably. 

Your eyes automatically wander around the restaurant. There's nothing out of the ordinary; you see many familiar faces, some that you can't quite name but know you've seen around, and a couple of strangers that seem to be new to this particular area of the city. However, there's one stranger-- well, not quite stranger-- that grabs your attention by the scruff of the neck.

It's that teal-haired smoker guy that you saw at the store.

Stopping your scan of random people to study the man's features, just a bit skeptical that it'd be the same guy, you squint your eyes and take in his appearance.

It definitely seems to be the same person... not many people would have teal hair, and in such a specific haircut, too. Same brown cap, same long, black coat, same stubble, same shadow over his eyes. There's no doubt about it, it's him. 

'But who is he?' you ask yourself, staring at the mysterious smoker. 

"Hey, (Y/N)!" sings a peppy male voice, "Got our stuff~!"

You're tugged out of your contemplation by Calvin, who's carrying over a tray of McDonald's fast food. Almost immediately forgetting about the smoker, you grin widely, kicking your feet up and down under the table. 

"Nice," you comment as he sets down the tray, shaking his hands as if to flick away the soreness of his fingers. He smiles at you and wordlessly sits down as he prepares to dig in. You begin to grab your food before you remember the smoker you were wondering about.

'Maybe I should ask Cal, he might know the guy. Got nothing better to do...'

"Hey, Calvin?" you begin unsurely. Calvin, halfway about to bite into his hamburger, pauses mid-chomp and looks at you, obviously waiting for you to continue. "Any idea who that dude is over there?"