Part 17

March 4th, 2019

Hector stared up at the ceiling, One hand around Jamal's waist, The other holding his GED book. It was probably nighttime, around 11 PM; Jamal was sleeping. But Hector, No matter what, he dead could not succumb to sleep. He was concerned for his lover. On February 29th, the two boys visited the nurse; however, to their dismay, the nurse had already started preparing for the experiments she would execute on Jamal. When Jamal told the nurse that he would no longer participate in this experiment, the nurse got angry, which caused Hector to get angry.

It wasn't much of a yelling match; however, the nurse managed to get under Hector's skin. She called Jamal all types of names. Hector knew that Jamal was already self-conscious about who he was and what he could produce with his body-hearing the nurse call him out his name and point out his insecurities brought out a different side to Hector. Sadly Hector almost put his hands on the woman. Jamal stopped him though, Adonis was there and noticed everything that went down. He stood by the couple and let the warden know that the nurse instigated the argument and pointed out that she planned to work on Jamal without his consent.

That exempted them from any backlash. Though the couple didn't get in trouble, Hector's thoughts have been eating him up; He almost put his hands on a woman. It's been haunting him for days, distracting him from studying, working with the warden or the gym, or even being with Jamal. The feeling of regret has seeped into his daily life, and he can't seem to shake it off. Hector placed the GED book down by his side and pulled Jamal further onto his body. Almost like a safety blanket. Jamal moved around a little, groaning at the disturbance. He soon got comfortable again, settling his head in Hector's neck.

Hector has noticed that Jamal works twice as hard to ensure that their relationship has been secure. He has been communicating his thoughts and queries effortlessly. Jamal even told Xander not to come around him with any intentions, not friendship. He set boundaries with Xander and made sure to tell Hector what the boundaries were. Though Xander knew that Jamal and Hector were together, he made sure to say to him verbally.

It didn't matter, though, because Xander had been busy perusing both Damian and Adonis. None of the boys were paying him any mind, but he was trying; his goal was to get at least one. He wouldn't mind having two; there was no shame in his game.

Hector looked at Jamals sleeping face, examining his features. He wasn't sure if he should tell Jamal why he was troubled; Hector was confident that Jamal had noticed, he brought it up a few times, but Hector always dismissed it. Jamal felt eyes on him, stirring him out of his sleep.

"Baby?" Jamal asked, moving his head away from Hector's neck, sitting up slowly. "You can't sleep tonight either?" Jamal asked, gripping Hector's beard.

"I just woke up," Hector lied. He was wrapping his arms around Jamal's hips.

"Don't lie to me, not right now." Jamal stretched, yawning.

Hector laughed. He was removing one hand off Jamal's hips to rub his face.

"I've been thinking-"

"No, duh," Jamal cut Hector off.

"Cut me off again and see what happens," Hector teased. Jamal smiled, looking down into his lover's eyes.

"Fine, I'm sorry; what have you been thinking about?" Jamal asked, getting lower to run his hands through Hector's hair and beard.

"That girl, I mean the nurse," Hector said; he noticed a visible dip in Jamal's mood. He knew that Jamal was probably thinking about the foul shit the nurse said about him. Hector made sure Jamal knew that he was with him by gripping his waist harder. " I keep thinking back to how I almost hit her. That shit is not me, baby, I don't know. I do not like the feeling it brought me."

Jamal sighed. "I know you're not like that; you honestly stopped yourself before I even got to you. It must be hard on you right now, but I want you to know I got you through this. Don't let this eat you up. We have to make sure you don't get into that headspace again" the darker man kissed the tip of Hector's nose.

" I think shit like this takes time, so I'm hoping eventually it goes away. Thank you" Hector smiled. The light-skinned man brought his hands to Jamal's chin and gripped it firmly, ensuring that they made eye contact. "I love you," Hector proclaimed.

"I love you more, trust me" Jamal smiled, well-tried to since his chin was being held captive.

"Oh, yea?" Hector asked; he could not fight the smile from his face.

"Yes, way more" Jamal licked Hector's hand.

"Stop that nasty shit. You moved from licking my face to my hand," Hector scolded, letting go of Jamal's face.

"You're always calling me nasty" Jamal faked anger sitting up straight on Hector's thighs and folding his hands on his chest.

"Don't tell me you're mad," Hector asked, concerned.

Jamal hid his smirk and nodded. "Maybe I am." He said, attempting to get off Hector's thighs.

"I saw that smile; you're not slick. It's too late for these games" Hector laughed. One thing about Hector, his laugh is loud as hell. Jamal laughed along; it's not his fault. Hector's laugh is contagious.

"You know I haven't forgotten; your birthday is coming up" Hector smiled up at his boyfriend and sneaked his hands back to grab hold of Jamal's Globes.

"It is," Jamal Moaned. "I already know what I want. At least I think".

Hector Hummed as he began softly massaging Jamals cheeks. "What do you want so I can start preparing."

"I want you," Jamal boldly stated. He feels ready. After all he and Hector have been through, the growth they've made, Jamal feels comfortable and prepared.

Hector paused his movements. Completely in shock. He can't be hearing it right. Not from his Jamal.

"Stop playing, what do you want fr? Before I change my mind," Hector rolled his eyes.

"I'm serious; if you don't want to give it to me, that's fine; we can wait some more." Jamal pouted. He got comfortable again, completely laying his body on top of Hector, placing his head on the light skin man's chest. "Try to go to sleep; you haven't slept in days."

"No, you can't just say that then tell me to go to sleep. Are you for real?" Hector asked again, completely in shock.

"Yes, I'm serious, Hector" Jamal rolled his eyes.

A creepy grin crawled onto Hector's face. He was glad Jamal couldn't see. It was finally time; their relationship was going to the next step. "Fuck" Hector laughed.

"You better get ready; I'm not going easy on you," Hector warned, kissing the top of Jamal's head. Jamal stifled laughter.

"Take your goofy ass to sleep now before I change my mind," Jamal warned.

"My eyes are closed; stop playing," Hector quickly replied.

"Good night, baby, remember what I said. Please don't dwell on it too much. That's not you," Jamal reiterated.

"I hear you. I love you," Hector mumbled, kissing the top of Jamal's head again.

"I love you more," Jamal whispered, getting comfortable in Hector's embrace.

------------------------
A/N: Please don't forget to comment, and I love comments.