(1) 18: Becoming Genin

Book 1, Chapter 18 :

" Becoming Genin "

~ Time Skip, Genin Exam ~

It had been a couple of months since Kakashi had told Shiori how he felt, and now the two of them were together, both of them were completely happy. The sunlight had just started to shine through the blinds in their house. Kakashi was lying in his bed on the floor, completely out-cold, snoring lightly.

Shiori slowly poked her head up next to him, she was wide awake, dressed and already ready to begin their day. A goofy smile stretched across her face as she slung a leg over Kakashi, straddling him and placing her hands on his chest she began to shake him. "Morning! Wake up, Kakashi!!" she cheered.

Kakashi woke up quickly and groaned as he looked up to Shiori. "All-right-I'm-up-Shiori-stop-it!" he grunted in between her shaking him.

Shiori stopped and closed her eyes as she smiled down at him. She opened her eyes as she cheered, "Come on, today's the day! Get your butt up!!"

Kakashi chuckled softly. "Alright, alright, I'm up now." He looked up at Shiori again and noticed she was already dressed and her hair was brushed, with her left side slightly pinned up by her signature flower pin. "Heh. I see someone's in a hurry."

"Mhm!" she smiled widely. "We're going to be Genin today!" she took hold of one of his wrists and tugged at him. "Now. Get. Up!"

Kakashi groaned but pushed himself up and smiled at Shiori as he immediately embraced her. Shiori giggled softly as she wrapped her arms around Kakashi's neck as he slowly rubbed one hand up and down her back and then softly up to the back of her head. He held her like that for a moment and then softly let himself fall back down onto the bed, bringing Shiori with him. Shiori's eyes widened when she felt herself falling forward with him, a light blush came across her face. She kept her face buried in his neck for a moment before lifting up to face him. She smiled as she stared down into his eyes. Kakashi lifted a hand and swiped a few strands of hairs out of Shiori's face, gingerly placing it behind one of her ears.

"You're so beautiful today." He said with a smile.

"Just today?" Shiori pouted.

Kakashi chuckled. "No, you're beautiful all the time." He smiled and then rose up to place a soft kiss on her lips. Both of them closed their eyes as they both deepened the kiss. After a minute Shiori pulled away and smiled. "Now that's all you get! Get up!!" she smirked as she took hold of his arms as she rose up. Kakashi smiled and lifted up with her.

He looked behind her and into the kitchen where he saw breakfast was already made. A single plate sat on the table prepared with pancakes topped with strawberries, some linked sausage and scrambled eggs and toast. He smiled and chuckled, "My, haven't you been busy this morning?"