Chapter 7

I whipped around.

"Who's there?" I asked.

"Huh?" Arcee looked at me.

"I thought I heard something," I said. My eyes scanned the dim surroundings, looking for the source of the voice.

"There were no life signs on the ship other than our's," Ratchet assured me, looking up from his work. "We're the only ones here."

"Guess it was just the ship shifting then."

"Probably," Arcee said, both her and Ratchet turned back to the work. Slug looked around the room, then returned to his work as well. 

The voice called out again. There were no coherent words, just noise, beckoning me to come. I couldn't resist it, I need to go. It called me, I had to answer.

My feet walked on their own accord, pulling me in the direction of the calling. I didn't want to turn back, I knew I should, but I didn't. I should have told someone where I was going, or brought them with, but I didn't want to. All I wanted to do was find what was calling me, and I had no control over it.

"Lora," it called my name, addressing me. My name was the first coherent word it had said yet.

"Lora," it called again, this time beckoning me forward. I had no choice but to listen; I couldn't have stopped if I wanted to, the voice pulled me forward.

I felt something block my path, and heard a voice, but I could make out who had said it. I moved around the object, continuing after the voice.

It was foggy, but I heard my name called, but not by the mysterious voice, someone out there, one of my family.

I felt something grab me, and this time I heard the voice clearly. It was Optimus. He was saying my name, calling out to me to stop. I wanted to, I really did, but I couldn't. I felt myself struggling to slip out of Optimus' grasp, but he didn't let go. Inside, I was grateful.

"Ratchet, I found Lora. I need you at my position now. Something is wrong with her," I heard Optimus say as he restrained me.

My body was struggling fiercely now, but inside I was trying to gain control. I felt the amulet activate. It shot Optimus back, and I heard him groan as his holoform hit the wall.

Now, I was raging, thrashing as I tired to free myself from my body. I was clawing at the walls that held me back, kicking and pushing. I wanted to stop, turn around and help the leader, but my body wouldn't listen, no matter how hard I fought.

Where was Alpha Trion? Why wasn't he trying to do something? Why wasn't he trying to break this spell? How could he let the amulet hurt his pupil? How could he just stay back and watch? Wasn't this situation just enough to step in and interfere?

I sensed that I had entered a room. The pull was greater here. I felt myself stop in front of something. That was when my sight cleared up.

In front of me was a huge rock. It stood easily as tall as Grimlock, and had carvings etched into it. Slowly my hand reached forward. That was when I realized that I had some control over my body once more.

I threw my other hand out, grabbing my wrist. With all the strength I had, I pulled my hand down. I gritted my teeth as I strained against my own strength. Even with everything I had, I barely moved my arm.

Heavy and fast footfalls came towards me. I managed to turn my head. There, running as fast they could, was Optimus and Ratchet, the latter falling behind his leader. The leader of the Autobot's eyes widened, whether it was at the sight, the stone, or me. Either way, he knew something and dreaded it.

My throat was clogged with words, but though it all, I managed to say one: "Help."

That was all Optimus needed to hear.

His hand changed into a sword, and he charged at the stone, putting on a burst of speed. With all of his might, Optimus swung, going to cleave the stone in half. His sword never made contact.

The stone threw all of us back. Ratchet was thrown out of the room, hitting the wall and sliding down. I flew too, much to my relief, but it was short lived, as I couldn't call upon to amulet for help. Thankfully, Optimus caught me, sliding along the floor as he too was thrown back.

With little time to spare, Optimus started to run again, heading towards the exit. The door clanged shut before we even got close.

"Optimus? Are you and Lora alright?" Ratchet asked, his voice muffled by the door.

"Yes. Can you get the door open?" Optimus asked.

"Might take me a bit but I can try," Ratchet said.

"Be quick," Optimus commanded. He looked to me.

"I'm fine, I just don't know what happened," I said. The prime didn't set me down, just looked at the stone. "What is it?" I asked.

"I do not know."

A sudden clang filled the air, causing Optimus to spin around. We both scanned the room, Optimus' eyes narrowed with suspicion. He moved away from the door, still holding me as he drew his sword once again. He moved me up to his shoulder, allowing him to have both hands free.

"What is it?" I asked. The prime was tense, something was bugging him.

"We are not alone," He simply said. He brought his hand up to me again, and I quickly got on. As soon as I was on the floor, I back up so I could see him fully.

Another clang sounded, and we both spun around. I caught a glimpse of something running, vanishing into the shadows once more.

"Lora, whatever happens, stay underneath me," Optimus' face shield slid over his mouth. He moved into a ready stance.

"What is is?" I asked, not moving just yet.

"Cloakers."