Chapter 25

Solus and I talked a lot. We didn't stop. Both of us were waiting for the next opportunity to arise. It finally did the next day, when the same two vehicons opened my cell to collect me.

"On your feet."

So I listened, rising to my feet and letting the vehicons led me out of the cell. Solus followed, staying close.

"So, what's it today?" I asked. The two remained silent. "Silent treatment? Okay that's cool. Yesterday was much better you know, a friendly conversation goes a long way. Are you cons even capable of being friendly, I wonder?"

"Silence," one of them hissed at me.

"Fine fine." I raised my servos. "You don't have to be so rude about it. Sheesh."

They led me, and I listened to them. Solus peered down the hallways, watching and calculating. Finally, giving me the signal.

"Hey, did you know there's a prisoner on the lose?" I asked.

"There are no—" I ripped my arm from the one vehicon, hitting the other one before slamming the the first one into the wall. They both were out in seconds.

"Me," I grinned.

With that I took off, following Solus down the halls. We stuck to the walls, keeping out of the other cons' sights. Solus scouted ahead, telling me when to wait, when to go, and when to hid. With her as my optics, it was an easy escape.

"Solus, you're growing thin," I said. The prime was more transparent than normal. She was starting to get out of the amulet's range.

"It's okay. We'll make it," she said, looking down at her servos. She continued moving.

"But what about you?" I asked. "You're just going to remain here forever."

"You need to get off of here and return to your team," she said, not looking back at me. She held up her servo and I quickly moved to the wall, plastering against it. "I'll be fine. I've suffered this long, what's a bit longer?"

I wanted to say something, tell her that we would find a way to save her, but I kept my mouth shut as a patrol walked past. We waited until the sounds of their steps left. Solus strayed into the hall, looking around for anyone else coming. Seeing no one else, she straitened.

"Let's—" Solus vanished, completely gone.

"Solus?" I called, moving from the wall. She was gone. Megatron must had moved further away. I guess it was a little bit of assurance that they didn't know of my escape, but I had lost my advantage. "Scrap," I cursed.

"Stop right there."

I spun around, facing three vehicons.

"Double scrap."

Blasts started firing, and I started running, hopefully towards the exit.

"Ehhh, I need you off." The band around my wrist needed to leave; I needed my weapons.

Alarms started to blare, and lights danced along the roof. Now, everyone knew I was escaping.

I let out a yelp as a shot hit my wrist. I spun into another hallway, leaving the barrage of shots. I looked at my wrist.

There was a little bit of charring on my white paint, but it wasn't bad; the shot had only grazed me. "Oh heck yes." I pulled off the now damaged band. It fell to the floor with a clatter, but I was already gone.

My wheels carried me down the halls, farther and farther away from the decepticons. I skidded around a corner, another patrol of vehicons greeting me.

"Beep beep. Coming through." I drove around them, sliding up onto the wall. Using the momentum, I transformed. Three shots later, I was on the ground, driving off again, three smoking corpses behind me. "Wooooh hooo!"

The bright light of day greeted me. I grinned; I was going home.

A screeched startled me, and I quickly transformed as Predaking and his three other predacons hovered in the air, facing me.

"Come on then," I called out. I pulled out my guns. Predaking narrowed his optics, and with a screech, the others flew towards me. I ran for them.

I fired at the first one, the smallest. Almost every shot hit, throwing her off course. I dropped and rolled around the second one— the same who had killed me— and leapt over the third. I spun, shooting at him as I flipped in the air. I landed, transforming and driving full speed to the edge of the ship, Preaking's claw narrowly missing me. I was almost there, just a little more.

Predaking landed in front of me, but I didn't stop. In fact, I picked up speed. When his chest lit up, I continued. Only when the fire was roaring towards me was when I moved.

I swerved hard to the right, barely missing the fire and Predaking's leg. I transformed, rolling out of my skid. I ran for it, the edge just steps away. There was nothing between me and freedom, not anymore. I was at the edge, one step from going over and free falling. I hadn't really thought this through, but it was now or never. I stepped.

"STOP!"

My body froze at that word. My foot hovered in mid air, inches away from plunging down and dragging me to the earth below. I couldn't move. My body wouldn't listen to me. I gritted my teeth, using all the strength I had to move my foot, to get it down. It didn't, but remained hovering in the air.

"Step away from the edge."

So I did. I had no control over what I was doing. I listened to that voice, taking one step after another as I backed up. The edge and freedom slowly shrunk.

"Good, now turn around."

When I did as I was told, there were easily twenty vehicons pointing their guns at me, along with four predacons waiting for the order to rip me apart. In front of them all was Megatron. He grinned, clearly happy. On his back, the dark star saber and the amulet of death in its hilt glowed a bright purple. To top it off, Megatron's optics glowed with them.

"I guess all you needed was the amulet," Starscream said, standing beside the warlord.

"Why can't I move?" I demanded, fury in my voice.

Megatron grinned. "When I brought you back from death, it comes with a...leash. You are controlled by the amulet of death, and in extention, me."

"You have no control over me Megatron," I snarled.

"That's 'Lord Megatron'."

Megatron optics glowed brighter, and I found myself saying, "Lord Megatron." I hated it. Those words, so foul on my tongue. They burned my throat, and I nearly choked on them.

Megatron grinned. "Now, where is the Autobot's base of operations?"

I swallowed, trying to keep those words down. They clawed themselves up, and I hated how they sounded. "Just outside Jasper, Nevada in an old human military missel silo."

Megatron's evil smile only grew. If I could move, I would have either hung my head in shame or punched that look off of his face. I could do neither. I couldn't even clench my fists in rage.

"Well then, let's plot a course for Jasper, Nevada."