chapter 9

"Sing me a lullaby of another time where the birds flied high and the rivers roared through time, where the lions jumped far and the rainbows were wide, sing me a lullaby of another time." I sang as I got ready, putting on a short lace black dress and killer black heels. I curled my dark brown hair perfectly and put on dark eyeliner, mascara, and red lipstick. I definitely looked slutty enough. Perfect, it was totally not the Tatia they all knew. I got bored of singing while I got ready so I turned on the radio, listening to I knew you were trouble by Taylor swift and dancing around as I sang along. There was a light knock at my door and I sighed in annoyance.

"Doors open!" I yelled out and the door slid open and from the mirror I saw who stood in it. My eyes flashed angrily and I grabbed my comb off of my dresser and threw it at him. He caught it just in time before it impaled him in the head and twiddled it around his fingers. Pure hot anger burned through me as I met his smirk.

"Never did I expect you to be alive." Mikael said and I pursed my lips. He took in my outfit and raised an eyebrow. "Have you started to show your true colors now?" He asked in amusement. Okay that was it. I grabbed the leg off of my mirror and broke it off, racing over towards him and stabbing it straight through his heart. He winced in pain but pulled the makeshift stake from his heart and rolled his eyes.

"I can see you still harbor a little anger." He said, sounding a little miffed himself. I scoffed, glaring at him.

"Really? What gave that away?" I asked sarcastically.

"Watch your attitude." He snapped back and I grabbed him by the neck, eyes flashing and I pushed his head into the wall.

"No, you watch your attitude. There is no one I hate more than you and your bitch of a wife Esther. I want nothing more than to kill you. But it seems everyone else is on your side so unless I want a war, I can't. For now." I told him and let him go.

"So much hatred for something that happened a thousand years ago." He tisked. "I'm surprised you haven't gone running back to Klaus and being the trollop you really are." He sneered, shoving me harshly. I stumbled back a little but managed not to fall.

"I don't want to be with Klaus, I don't want to be with Elijah, hell I don't even want to be alive. But you and your wife took that away from me! You can say that I should just forgive after a thousand years, but the fact remains you took the rest of my life away from me. I had a child I wanted to raise, I wanted to find love, real love instead of just conflicted attraction and care. I might've wanted to have more kids, then watch them have their own. Play with my grand children, age with my husband and then die peacefully in my sleep. You took that from me!" I shouted, tears building in the corner of my eyes. He observed me coldly.

"You did that to yourself when you decided to lead my sons on and put them against each other." He said. That was it. My hand collided with his face so fast you would've needed a slow motion camera to see it. His head snapped to the side and stayed there as he tried to control his anger.

"I lead them on? I may have loved both of them, wanted to spend the rest of my life with one of them, but I never lead them on. I never wanted to hurt them. I loved them. If that makes me a trollop then so be it. But at least I was never a no good, harsh and violent father who turned their kids into monsters!" I snapped. His hand whipped out and slapped me back, his slap much more powerful then my own and made me fall to the floor from the strength of it.

I glared at up at him, not about to let him see how much that hurt. I was about to snap out something when Elena walked into the room, looking ready to say something herself when she saw our situation. Me, holding a now red cheek, Mikael standing above and looking absolutely furious, and me glaring up at Mikael with hatred. Wordlessly I stood up and shoved past Mikael.