4

Meeting a stranger

Arthur's pov

I ran through streets, scared, because I overslept. I am late for work, ain't that great start of a day?

I prayed not to get fired because of that. I stopped at the square, I couldn't ran through it... There was a policemen training celebration again.

I sighed, trying to walk through slowly, so no one would notice me

I sighed, trying to walk through slowly, so no one would notice me. It was the fastest way to work. Unfortunately. Then I felt someone grab my hand and pull me into a dark alley.

I was terrified. I knew they are going to beat me up, or hurt me, I knew it. I covered my face and crotch not wanting to get hit in there first.

“Please I.. I will give you money, uh, anything,” I pleaded.

When nothing happened, I looked up at my kidnapper.

Jack's pov

The second I saw this brunette, I had to touch him. I saw him yesterday in front of pharmacy, and the day before yesterday too, I couldn't shake his perfect, cute face away. I was used to people being my slaves and doing everything I say,

But what he did when I dragged him wasn't what I expected.

Plus I was dressed like a policeman, why would he be so scared?

I knew him from the newspapers, I knew he was an abused child, but I thought it didn't continue. Did it? I suddenly wanted to be soft with him, and give him hugs, because he--

What. The. Hell.
What am I even thinking? Why am I thinking this way? This is pissing me off. I don't even know him, and he does this to me.

When he looked at me, I frowned, and formed a harmful smile.

“I won't hurt you, if you listen to me.” I smirked.

His eyes were glued to mine, which stressed me, but I didn't let it know on myself. People I approach always stare at my scars and back away, but he didn't for some reason.

His expression softened when he looked at my face completely. He knew me.

“The.. Joker..?” He whispered, his voice was weak and subordinate.

I ran my tongue over my lips and pushed him to the wall.

“You don't need to know me.” I said and grabbed his wrists, pushing them up the wall.

“No.. No, please..” He whispered, as if he was talking only to me. He wasn't screaming for help and I liked that.

“If you'll be a good boy, I won't do anything. If you push away, I'll cut your arm. Get it?” I announced coldly, but I didn't want to hurt him. Not at all, it was just a threat. My mouth traced from his cheek to his neck, and I felt warm. I loved his cigarette scent. I loved his soft skin.

“I'm tired of this bullshit!” He screamed and kicked my stomach twice in a row, causing me to fall backwards.

I was shocked, but instead I laughed.

This impressed me. He was one of fews who didn't let me subdue him. I loved people with confidence. And no, I would not do anything bad to him. I'm not a monster. I expected him to do something. But what if he didn't? What if he allowed me to kiss him?

I felt my cheeks heating up.

What the fuck is going on with me.

Arthur's pov

I ran away from that place, tears forming in my eyes.

What was that? I just got touched! Not by just someone, but by the fucking Joker. The Gotham's biggest criminal. I thought he'll kill me, but he didn't for some reason.

I fucking kicked him! I'm so dead. Next time he finds me I'm so dead.

I am laughing now. I can't stop, but I want to.

I'm crying and laughing, both. I don't know what to feel. I should feel disgust and fear towards him. But I don't. Why? Why do I feel like forgiving him? Why am I not mad? Why do I want him to kiss my cheek like that again? Why is my heart beating so rapidly? What is going on with me? I'm so confused.

I don't know how should I feel.