Chapter 6

Stormie POV:

Josh and I were fishing at the lake by our campsite.

"You think we'll catch anything?" I asked Josh. "Hopefully, but your pole doesn't even have a hook on it, so I'd be surprised if you caught anything." I looked at him shocked (Basically just picture a surprised pikachu face on your face). "What?" I asked him. "Nah just kidding. But seriously, who knows, I don't see any fish swimming around." Josh told me.

I felt tugging on my fishing pole, and started reeling it in. "I THINK I GOT ONE!" I yelled out excitedly. I reeled in the fish and saw I got a decent sized fish. "I got a FISHY!" I yelled out excitedly.

Josh POV:

"I got a FISHY!" Stormie shouted out cheerfully. Man, I love this kiddo. She's so adorable. I'm so happy to have some bonding time with her. She actually got a pretty decent sized fish, for her first time. "Should I let it go? Or you guys want fish for dinner?" Stormie asked me. "Hold on, let me get a picture first." I said and got a picture of her with the fish. "Ok, you can let it go now." I told her. She got the fish off the hook and threw it back into the lake. "I'm pretty sure we'd rather have snacks n S'mores for dinner anyway." I told her. "Agreed." Stormie replied.

It was starting to get dark, so we headed back to our campsite, and lighted the campfire. Kristy and Mully came back from their hike, and grabbed some Marshmallows and stakes. I got some marshmallows on my stake, and I handed Stormie a stake so she could toast some marshmallows. "Thanks!" Stormie said, and put some marshmallows on her stake. I taught her how to toast the marshmallows, and how not to get them too close to the fire. She toasted her really well, for her first time. I ended up catching one of mine on fire. I blew it out and inspected it. "Meh, just the surface got a bit toasty." I said and chuckled. "Yeah, just a little bit." Mully said and laughed.

I got my marshmallows between some chocolate and graham crackers, and took a bite of the s'more. "Mmm. Still good!" I told the others. "Holy shnookums! Is this what s'mores tastes like?!" Stormie asked us. "Have you never had s'mores before?" Kristy asked Stormie. She shook her head. "Nope. We never really went anywhere outside of the orphanage." Stormie explained. "Except for school, but that was about it." She added in. "Well, remind us to make s'more more often." Mully said.

We finished up our s'mores and brushed our teeth. Stormie went to go to the bathroom, and the rest of us waited for her in the tent.

Stormie POV:

I went to go to the bathroom before heading to bed. There's a small bathroom building nearby, so I'm not going in the bushes, don't worry.

I did my business and left the bathroom. I heard some growling noise to my left. I looked and I could make out the outline of a black bear. 'Ok Stormie. Just stay calm, and It won't hurt you.' I thought to myself, and I started slowly backing away from the bear. The bear started getting even faster than before, and it got within 10 feet of me. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"