Chapter 6

Grey Eye's expectations were not met, at all. Shu wanted to make all the Snake Pit Bladers question themselves, not just the masked ones. For that, he needed to find a source of information. Someone who could tell him about what was going on and how and when to rebel. Grey Eye knew only one person who could do it.

"This is Boa", he told Shu. "You might remember him. He's always been a little rebellious, so you might really have found a great ally here."

"Boa", Shu said, nodding his head. Boa glared. The kid was even younger than Shu, one year younger, and had wild brown hair and bright green eyes. He was strong, yes, but because of his rebellious nature Ashram had not made him a masked Blader.

"You're rebelling now? What caused such a drastic change of mind, Red Eye?"

Boa crossed his arms, waiting for an answer. Grey Eye was just as curious but stayed quiet. No need to aggravate Shu.

"One of Ashram's experiments", Shu said. "Don't know exactly what happened but I won't be Red Eye any longer."

Boa didn't seem convinced. Shu sighed.

"Come with me", he said, the command tired but just as powerful. Grey Eye raised a questioning eyebrow.

Shu didn't grace any of them with a response as he led them to the next free training room instead of a meeting room. Shu took out his launcher and Bey and looked them both in the eye.

"Watch", he said, took his stance in front of the stadium and launched.

Red, orange and golden flames danced around him and his Bey, Spriggan was fast, faster than Grey Eye had ever seen. An inferno danced around them, but Shu just stood there. Calm, staring down at the Bey in silence as Grey Eye and Boa had to cover their faces from the air being blow around.

"Do you see it now?", Shu asked, as the wind slowly stopped, the heat left the air and Spriggan stopped spinning.

"I understand", Boa said and Grey Eye wondered just what he'd understood. However, he also knew that it didn't matter. Boa was on their side. That's all that mattered.

"So", Shu said, picking up Requiem. "We have a lot to plan."

"Then let's get started", Boa said.

Grey Eye smiled. They were fine.

Violet Eye was confused, to say the least. He was completely, utterly, confused right now. More and more the masked Bladers seemed to be leaning towards rebellion. Violet Eye wondered if he should, too.

Grey Eye, Yellow Eye, Azure Eye, even Silver Eye, seemed to be rebelling. Gold Eye was against it and Black Eye was something else. He probably didn't mind but kept it to himself.

And Shu. The kid was something else. He was fighting harder than all of them. For what? Violet Eye didn't know. Had not a clue.

"Violet Eye, can I talk to you?", Shu asked. His posture was perfect, his eyes unreadable. Good. He'd need it if he wanted to best Ashram.

"Am I just a rebel for you?", Shu said, voice more demanding than questioning.

"I don't know. All I know is that you're not the Red Eye I knew."

"Knew?", Shu questioned. Then he chuckled. "Don't write him off like that. It's rude."

Violet Eye wondered how he could speak of himself as a complete other person. Though, the more he thought about it, the more it actually made sense. They were different. Violet Eye separated Red Eye and Shu in his mind, too. That was the only thing that made sense.