Chapter 1

Gold Eye was supposed to go and get Red Eye. The kid had been involved in one of Ashram's crazy experiments and had been unconscious for about twelve hours. If that wasn't a reason to worry already...

More than that, however, was Ashram's thinking that he'd managed to summon something. Knowledge from another world, or something similar. And that knowledge was one that Red Eye now possessed. Gold Eye didn't know who was crazier: Ashram, for doing this and believing it worked, or Gold Eye himself who was still following that man's orders.

Gold Eye arrived at Red Eye's room and knocked. He had expected the kid to still be asleep, however, he got an answer.

"Come in", the kid called, voice loud, controlled but not aggressive. Huh.

Gold Eye opened the door and was shocked at what he found. The kid was on the ground, stretching, wearing only sweatpants. He had also not bothered to hide the mess he'd left behind. Clothes were everywhere on the floor. Books sprawled around him, as if he was in the middle of reading them, and his phone was on the desk, playing relaxing music. Gold Eye did not know that the kid even listened to something like this.

"What happened?", Gold Eye asked. The kid smiled slightly.

"Had to get information somehow, didn't I? Besides, my muscles are all sore. I don't really remember how that happened, though."

"Information?", Gold Eye muttered, surprised. His anger vanished at once.

"Yeah. My memories are all muddled up. I mean, I know who you are and where I am, but I don't know how long I've been here or what I've been doing. There are probably a lot more things I'm unaware of, but those are the things I noticed."

"You've lost your memory, huh? Ashram will want to know about that. Why don't you get dressed while I call a meeting with the rest of the masked Bladers?"

The kid nodded, calm. Gold Eye would have expected more panic, but then again, this was Red Eye. Red Eye's composure was legendary, if he had the patience for it.

The kid went into the bathroom and Gold Eye heard the shower get turned on. Good, the kid was covered in dry blood. Gold Eye did not want to know where it came from.

Gold Eye quickly texted the other Bladers and then sat down on the chair next to the desk. He saw the kid's phone was still on. The music hadn't originally been on the playlist, Gold Eye saw it. Only very recently added.

Ashram, what have you done to him? Have you fried his brain, this time?, Gold Eye thought.

It took a lot longer than Gold Eye expected for Red Eye to come out of the bathroom and when he did, Gold Eye was very, very tempted to yell at the kid.

He was wearing blue training pants, a red sweater and had put his hair up in a messy bun. It suited him, strangely enough, but it was not an appropriate attire. At least not right now.

"Red Eye, you can't seriously expect me to let you out like this?", he asked. "Where is your uniform?"

Red Eye sighed and motioned the bed. The uniform on it seemed bloody and dirty.

"Don't tell me you only have one of them?"

"I don't know", the kid answered and he seemed genuine enough. Gold Eye sighed.

"You're lucky you actually have an excuse", he said and then he saw bandages peeking out under Red Eye's sweater. He walked forward and grabbed his wrist, making the kid flinch. "What's this?"

Red Eye meet Gold Eye's stare unflinching and that kind of surprised Gold Eye. The kid didn't want to be touched but a staring match was okay? Something was definitely off about him.