Chapter 4

Azure Eye was curious about Red Eye. He was much sweeter than usual, gentle and kind, and whatever Ashram had done, he had changed some fundamental things of his personality. Azure Eye shuddered at the thought of being the next lab rat.

Anyway, he hadn't seen Red Eye since yesterday and now, after finishing his morning training, he decided to see what Red Eye was up to. Maybe he'd have something just as fun as the day before.

Azure Eye stepped into the big training room. Red Eye was stretching on the ground, he'd been doing that a lot according to Gold Eye, and Black Eye, Yellow Eye, Grey Eye and Violet Eye were also there, trying to follow his moves.

Red Eye noticed him. "Azure Eye! Do you want to join us?"

"Sure", Azure Eye smiled. It was worth seeing Red Eye light up at the prospect of having more people there. Red Eye used to be so anti-social, it was quite strange to see him actively seeking out company.

Azure Eye sat down with everyone. Red Eye was demonstrating some moves.

"Don't overdo it", he warned. "It won't be as effective if you get hurt. The important thing is feeling a bit of a stretch. It doesn't matter how far the others can do it. Concentrate on yourself."

That would be hard. Snake Pit Bladers were all about being better than the others. Was Red Eye being serious?

Azure Eye tried to follow Red Eye's example but it was much, much harder than he'd first thought.

"Relax", Red Eye said as he walked around them and arrived next to Azure Eye. "Just take a deep breath and go back into the stretch. Just like that."

As Azure Eye did what Red Eye said, he noticed how much easier it was. He wasn't great at it by any means but it worked. He was proud of himself.

Soon, everyone was done with their stretches and Red Eye explained the next exercise.

"Okay, so what we're going to do is a form of strength training", he started. "Group Gymnastics."

As soon as those words had left the kid's mouth everyone wanted to leave. Never. No, no, no, Azure Eye was not going to relive his middle school trauma. No way. Red Eye laughed slightly.

"It's going to be fine, I promise."

Black Eye looked at him. "You're really, really sure about that, Shu?"

"Yes", he said, though it seemed as if he was starting to lose patience. Azure Eye gulped and just like the others, resigned himself to an afternoon of torture. They had been beaten by the kid, and after the hierarchy of the Bladers, he had the authority. Whether they liked it or not.

They started going off into pairs, and Azure Eye ended up with Red Eye. Red Eye quickly explained the first exercise, which did actually sound fun, and they go started. As Red Eye was lighter than Azure Eye, he was the one to stand on top.

Red Eye stood on Azure Eye's thighs and Azure Eye tried to keep his balance. It was easier than expected, though much of that could also stem from Red Eye's quiet and careful instructions.

They were soon done.

"Wow, that was more fun than I thought", Azure Eye said. "Thanks for letting me join, Red Eye."

"It's Shu", Red Eye, no Shu, replied. "Honestly, it was nothing. The more the merrier, right?"

"Right...Shu", Azure Eye hesitantly said. Shu smiled.

They soon went through move after move, even making big pyramids with the five of them, some which made Azure Eye very, very glad that he was not the smallest nor the lightest.