▮ 011

"Mama, I'm home

"Mama, I'm home..!" A bright voiced announced herself, you immediately spring up from the floor and hid the box underneath your bed, fixing your bottom clothes that was wrinkled.

"O-oh, welcome back Mai" you greeted and sweat dropped when she tilt her head to the side and give you a confuse glance, but she shakes her head and shrugged off your behavior and skipped towards you.

"I got to see the pandas today!" She brightened up, you hummed and helped her to get her backpack off of her. "Well, where's Daisuke-San?" You asked and sat on the floor in front of Mai.

"He said he has to work" Mai said, you smiled at how happy she is even going as far of dancing and humming a happy tune while she picks casual clothes to wear.

"You're really happy Mai" the said child only giggled before sitting on he bed infront of you and nodded. "how about I go prepare some snack yeah?" you offered and began to stand up but the girl stopped you by grabbing the hem of your shirt.

you look back just to see her avoiding your gaze, she begun to fidget with her fingers making your furrowed knowing this habit of hers far too well, and not mentioning her sudden change of mood.

"what is it Mai" You asked her with a small smile and sat on the ground in front of her, you hands on her knees.

"well...I have a question"

"what is it, is something bothering you or are your feeling unwell?" You begin to fonther her with questions but she shakes her head dismissing all your questions.

"then what is it...?"

"Ma, why don't I have a dad like my friends...?"

She bit her lip and continue to look down as those questions went pass her lips, you gripped her hands with your own, you knew she would ask this kind of question and one day you need to tell her the truth but you didn't know it has to be this day..

"Mai...why do you ask that, did somebody bullied you because of this" you asked and caress her back, but she only shakes her head no, you gasp as hot tears dropped down to your hand.