Chapter 7: Unsupervised Teenage Parties Sometimes End in Disaster

Another lovely surprise. I give you (drumroll please)

SHELBY'S POV!

I know she's not that special. What

GO READ! GO READ!

This chapter is edited and revised.

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

________________________________________________________________________________

 ***RECAP***

Curious, I looked inside to see pitch blackness. How cool was that? A secret compartment. I was too impatient to search for a key, so melted the lock. I slid the drawer open to find a blue book with three golden clasps and bearing the title The Book of Secrets.

I heard someone coming down the hallway so I hurriedly closed the compartment, slid the desk back, and slid the book underneath my mattress. When Shelby came in I was sitting at the desk doing my homework like a good little girl. But all I could think about was that book.

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 7: Unsupervised Teenage Parties Sometimes End In Disaster

I stared at the clock in Powers Class. Tick Tock Tick Tock. Maybe if I closed my eyes time would go faster. I closed my eyes and opened them again. Nope. Today was Halloween. Today was the super anticipated Halloween party. Today teachers would be giving out candy. Today I was stuck in school.

“Macey are you paying attention?” Mrs. Macmillan half yelled.

“No,” I answered truthfully. She playfully glared at me and went on to say something else.

“As I was saying, today we will be starting our Sanctuary,” the class cheered. “Don’t get too excited for right now we’re just going to be searching for a spot.” The class shrugged. At least we wouldn’t have to do work.

“I’m going to put you in pairs and you’ll all search for a spot. At the end we’ll decide who’s we like better and the winning group gets a box of Skittles and Gummy Worms.”

The class immediately started moving around trying to find their friends.

“STOP!” Mrs. Macmillan screamed. “I’m picking randomly from my attendance list!” the class groaned. She started the process of random finger pointing.

In the end Shelby got Xavier, Layla had to work with a kid called Keegan, and I got stuck with Dylan. Of course. We set off through the grounds and parted into the forest.

“Okay we HAVE to find a perfect spot because I want those Skittles!” He said shaking me.

“Wow, I don’t think you of all people need to ingest MORE sugar,” I said walking in front of him.

There was silence. I didn’t think he was actually capable of not talking.

Actually I didn’t hear anything.

I looked behind me to see nothing. I sighed. Great he’s probably knocked out in front of tree or something. I walked for another 15 minutes in random directions before realizing I was lost. Perfect just perfect. I turned back determined to leave Dylan in this damn forest and go tell Mrs. Macmillan that he was eaten by a bear when an arm reached out and pulled me into a bush. I screamed and started flailing when I realized it was the devil himself.

Who was laughing.

“You should of seen your face!” Dylan said between laughs. I slammed him against a tree and readied my fist, when I saw it. I dropped him and headed toward the clearing.