Chapter 3: Get Out of My Bubble

You'll meet someone very important to the plot.

Although I guess all of them are important.

 This chapter is edited and revised.

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

________________________________________________________________________________

 ***RECAP***

We got off the plane in Helena, got our luggage and walked out to the parking lot where a black van, that was used to transport the Academy's students, was waiting for us. It was a two hour drive to the Acdemy. I did not do well boredom. The first 15 minutes I was tapping beats to songs on the window until Blake snapped at me to shut up. Eventually we got into an argument and Layla had to distract me with “pointing out the view” which was mostly trees.

I tried to nap, but I was too nervous about this trip to sleep. What if no one liked me? What if I got killed the first day? What if I didn’t fit in? Suddenly feeling sick, I rolled down the window to get some fresh air and saw a gigantic black iron gate in the distance.

I hoped this was for keeping people locked out and not keeping students locked in.

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3: Get Out of My Bubble

Mr. Nitro got out of the car and unlocked the gate. After another few minutes of driving, a white colored building came into view.

"That’s the school," Layla said.

It had four floors and had a lot of windows. The next building was the cafeteria. It was only one floor but was still pretty big. It was a brownish color and made of bricks. Finally a huge parking lot came into view, where tons of black vans were parked.

We all got out, and Layla, Shelby, and I got my bags, while Blake walked off in some random direction. I rolled my eyes at his unwillingness to help me.

"Layla, Shelby could you show Macey your dorm and the rest of the grounds?" Mr. Nitro asked. They assured him that they were more than capable of being my tour guides, so with a smile he left for his office.

"Alright well there’s six buildings altogether," Shelby started as we walked across the grounds.

"The school, the cafeteria, the library, the teacher’s quarters, and the boys’ and girls’ dorms. Since you're new you’ll be rooming with us."

Up ahead there were two buildings side by side. They were each four stories, and one was burgundy while the other was tan. I was guessing they were the dorms, since we had to put my suitcases down somewhere.

We entered the burgundy building and headed up to the second floor and all the way to the other side of the hallway where our dorm was. Shelby produced a key and gave it to me, while unlocking the door from the inside. We stepped inside and threw my suitcases on the ground.

The room was plain. It had beige carpet and white walls that were covered up by tons of posters and artwork. They were five doors if you didn’t include the front door, two single beds, and a bunk bed.

"What’s with all the doors?" I asked wandering around the room.

Each bed had different sheets. One was plain sky blue, another bright purple, and another orange and pink stripes. The other one was plain so I was guessing it was my bed.