Chapter 7: trouble

(Agatha's lair)
{WANDA'S POV}

The annoying buzz of cicadas is the only thing keeping me from sleeping. I thought I killed them all. Where are they coming from? Their small enough to get through the cracks in the stone walls.

I push myself off of the ice cold stone floor with a rug in the center of the room. I find a little cicada crawling on the wall then disappear. A flaw in the plan, Agatha, I think to myself.

Now, all I have to do is figure out how to get my magic back. That's the only way I'm getting out of here, unless...

(High Town, Madripoor)
{BUCKY'S POV}

"Looks like breaking all those laws is treating you well." Sam observes.

Sharon shrugged. "Well, I thought if I had to hustle, might as well enjoy the life of a real hustler. Do you know how much I can get for a real Monet?"

We walked into a room with bright glowing lights, showcasing suits of armor, paintings, and jewelry. Everything here is real.

"Hey, easy there, deactivate your hustler mode. We both know you steal fake Monets." Sam turns to her with a serious smile.

"No, Sam. She means real," Zemo intervenes. "This gallery is specialized in stolen artwork. Money. Van Gogh. Classics." Zemo continues to flow Sharon, while I hang back to stand next to Sam.

"It's true. You know, half of the artwork in museums like the Louvre is fake." I inform him. "The real stuff sits in galleries like these in hustlers hands."

Sam pulls out his phone and brings up his search bar. "Okay, guys, I see what you're doing. Being more worldly than good old Sam."

I step up behind and him and glance over his shoulder to see a painting that's identical to the one in front of him.

"Yeah. What's Google say?"

"No shit."

Sharon led us to a room to change. I shrugged out my leather outfit and picked out a short sleeved shirt and black dress pants. Zemo threw me a black tux jacket. I nodded a thanks and sat on the golden/mustard colored couch. Zemo never changed but Sam picked out a dark olive green, long sleeved turtleneck.

Sharon announced her presence by complimenting Sam's outfit.

"What's going on, Sharon? You don't ever want to go home?" Sam asks her. She comes up behind me with a light brown leather jacket and drops it next to me. I send her a confused look, which she doesn't return.

"They'll lock me up if I step foot in the States. Madripoor doesn't allow extradition." She says simply, like she doesn't care.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't call, but after the Blip and the chaos, I just..." Sam starts.

Sharon sighs. "You know the whole hero thing is a joke, right? I mean the way you gave up that shield, deep down, you must know it's all just hypocrisy."

Zemo picks up a small glass cup and pours himself a drink. "He knows, and not so deep down."

I tilt my head to the side at Zemo's words. Maybe.

"By the way, how is the new Cap?" Sharon asks all us.

"Don't get me started." I fire off at her. My voice is monotone with hatred.

Sharon scoffs and takes a seat next to me. "Please. You really buy into all that Stars and Stripes bullsh$t. Before you were his pet psychopath, you were Mr. America! Cap's best friend."