Chapter 6: familiar faces

{BUCKY'S POV}

"Since when do you have a plane?" Sam asked as we walked through a private airport runway. "I was a Baron before I was a criminal to the country, Sam" Zemo informs.

Zemo's tone is obviously saturated with irritation. I kept my mouth shout, kind of regretting this plan.

Walking inside the private plane/jet, I sit across from Sam just like on the cargo plane. Zemo on my left, north-south. There was silence before Zemo pulled a book out from his jacket. It looked like a magazine so I minded my own business.

He flipped through the magazine looking amused and bewildered at the same time. Sam caught onto my gaze.

"Zemo," Sam started.

Zemo looked up but not at Sam. Me.

"Who's Nakajima?" He asked, his accent thick.

I lunged forward, grabbing him by the collar, throwing him back into the seat. Anger wasn't even the word I would to describe how I felt right now.

"Touch that again and I'll kill you." I threatened. Zemo gave a slight nod. Sam pulled me back into my seat, he also grabbed my book from Zemo. He handed it to me.

"Thanks," I whisper to Sam.

He nodded. "That's Steve's book, isn't it?"

"What gave it away?" I say sarcastically.

Sam smiled. He seized the opportunity to talk to me. "I told him about Marvin Gaye. Trouble Man. Have you heard it?"

I shake my head. "I appreciate the effort, Sam, I have heard it. I just like forties music better."

I could tell Sam wanted to talk longer but gave up quickly when I gave him a coded smile. The smile said I-did-like-the-song-though.

Meanwhile

[Agatha's Lair]
{WANDA'S POV}

How many hours has it been. Probably to many to recall. The sounds of cicadas were driving me insane. For awhile, I started to hunt them. Killing them. Then the silence drove me insane. I drew pictures in the dirt. I would have made myself a little friend, like a dog or cat, to play with but my magic was cut off. I lay on my back, watching the magic swirl around the runes.

I heard the hinges and the tumblers rattling. I pushed myself into a sitting position. Agatha stood in the doorframe then closed the oak door with a slam.

I glared at her. Her cheery smile disappeared when she saw my glare.

"Well, don't be too mad. I brought you food." She tells me sitting the styrophone bowl in front of me.

I shifted my glare to bowl. I kicked it away, chicken soup going everywhere. "Not hungry. Like I would eat anything you give me."

She tut sound. "Shame. I was going to offer an early release from this hell hole but since you decided to decline my peace offering, I guess  I'll keep here longer."

I glared at her. Not bothering to give her my devastating look.

"Like you can take anything away from me. I have nothing left." I sneered.

"We'll see about that." She said simply before leaving the room in a hush.

I was left alone again. My thoughts swirling around me. What did she mean? 'We'll see about that.' Who does she mean? What does she mean? I have nothing left. Nothing. What else can someone take from me? I screamed in frustration.

Meanwhile

[Madripoor]
{BUCKY'S POV}

"Why am I the only one that looks like a pimp?" Sam asked.

"You're not a pimp, Sam," Zemo starts. "You just have to look like him."

"Who?" Sam asked.

"Smiling Tiger." He says handing his phone to Sam. I peered over Sam's shoulder, to see a man who looked a lot like Sam but the personality is completely different.

"Zemo, I know he looks like him, but aren't people going to know it isn't him?" I asked him.

Zemo kept his eyes trained on the bridge we are walking on. "They won't know if he can keep his trap shut."

...

(A.N: Play the song, if you want)

The different lights were being displayed everywhere. Look in the wrong direction and you get blinded. Sam and I followed Zemo to a bar. I made sure to keep my face unreadable and straight. Clenching my jaw every so often.

"Smiling Tiger, didn't know you were coming." The bar tender said.

"Well, change of plans." Sam said with a lower octave.

The bar tender gave him a suspicious look, then pulled a snake out from a jar. Of course it's dead, but still, freaked Sam out. If this was normal Bucky Barnes, he'd back up. But no, this is the Winter Soldier. At least a form of him.

The bar tender took out a small pocket knife and cut open the snake's stomach. I passed a glance to Sam, he returned it with uneasy eyes. Then the bar tender took two little objects out of the snake and place them in a glass of some kind alcohol.

"Your favorite." Zemo whisper to Sam.

I pasted one more glance to Sam, before he picked up the glass. He was hesitant but he swallowed the drink. I would have clapped him on the back, but I couldn't. Winter Soldier.

Someone came up behind Zemo, I drowned out their conversation.

"Winter Soldier," Zemo started in Russian. "Attack." He said his command in Russian.

I lunged forward grabbing the guy's arm and twisting it.  I pulled his shoulder blades downward, hearing the unsatisfying crack. I throw him down into the concrete. Another lunged at me, I punched him squared in the jaw then kicked him in center of his chest, making him fly into a nearby table. More people came at me, begging for a fight. More people got thrown through tables. Broken shoulder blades and arms. I grabbed someone by the throat with my metal arm and threw him onto the bar counter.

I just stood there. Breathing heavily. I heard guns being cocked. Sam came up to me, and whispered in my ear, "You okay?"

I gave him a slight nod. Zemo pulled Sam's hand off my shoulder and looked at us both.

"Careful. Stay in character or the whole bar turns on us." He says quietly.

(a.n stop the song)

[Selby's place]

"You know, Baron, a lot of people don't just come into my bar and start attacking people and making demands." Said a short, platinum blonde haired woman.

Zemo smiled. "If I don't recall, didn't that just happen last week?"

Selby gave a smile, trying smile. "You really do have ears everywhere, Zemo."