Counselors got... Talent???

Keefe

Keefe led the campers to the fire circle just in time to see the fire leap up, almost singeing Sophie and Dex. Sophie stood, making her way to the fourth row bench their grove had sat down on, sitting right next to him.

"I'm really nervous. We have to sing. In front of everybody." She tugged out an eyelash.

Keefe spoke quickly. "Relax, Foster. You're probably the best singer out of all or the counselors." 

It was true. 

Foster was totally clumsy and clueless when it came to crushes, but she was an AMAZING actor and an even better singer and dancer. 

To be honest, Keefe was a bit surprised. Many elves were tune-deaf. Ugh. He needed to stop thinking that way. It would take just one slip to blow their cover.

Linh plopped down next to Sophie, dragging Tam next to her and effectively breaking Keefe's train of thought. 

She began talking excitedly to Sophie about her first day, and Keefe felt kinda bad that his mind blocked out Linh's monologue. The camp director stepped up to the mic onstage and began the opening ceremonies with the camp song. Then, she was calling the counselors onstage and it was time to begin the performance.

Percy

Percy watched in barely veiled horror as the counselors walked up to the stage. Singing adults was almost always bad, and the anthem had been very close to disaster, so he knew he was spot-on. 

Surprisingly, he found himself eating his words only a few seconds later, when they actually started singing. The counselors were paired up by grove, doing funny little dances and singing almost like a chorus. The lead singers seemed to be... Sophie and Keefe?

Luckily, the song ended quickly, and then the skits started. Groves 8 and 9 made their own (mediocre) skits, but Grove 7 did the invisible bench. Percy began feeling much better about their skit then. Maybe it would be the best one after all. If the songs didn't kill him first, that is.

The six counselors from the previous groves began singing a cheesy camp song about being eaten by a boa constrictor. 

Annabeth muttered something about scientific inaccuracy, but Percy's attention was recaptured by the skits. Finally, it was their turn. Standing, they followed Sophie and Keefe onstage and began their skit.

Alex

Alex looked out across the sea of faces, took a deep breath, and stepped into her role. They were playing a group of campers with two counselors, one clueless and the other having to work twice as hard to lead the group. 

Sophie exited the stage to go down to the 'ranger station' for their firewood, and Annabeth did what she did best; organize.

Then, things dissolved into chaos. Everybody laughed when Sophie came back to discover the ruins of their campsite. Alex had never had so much fun being watched by people. Smiling, she returned to her seat. Sophie and Keefe stayed up front, and were joined by four other counselors.

Miss May went up to the front and announced, "For our last song of the day, here's Sophie, Keefe, Biana, Fitz, Tam and Linh with Soldier Poet Shifter." (A/N Start the song now-ish, but JSYK there was a lyric change)

They smiled, then Sophie and the brown haired girl began to sing as the two boys Alex didn't know began dancing, doing flips and sword fighting moves with air weapons. 

"Here comes the soldier, who carries a mighty sword, He will tear your city down, olay oli olord *OLAY OLI OLAYY OLORD* He will tear your city down olay oli olord!"

Then, they stopped singing and the two boys who were dancing stopped and began singing, being replaced by Keefe and the other mystery girl. 

Probably Linh, if the black haired boy who was next to her and looking sullen was her twin, Tam. They looked a lot alike. The new dance seemed more comical, with pratfalls and jesterlike behavior.

"Now comes the poet, whose weapon is their word, they will save us from the dark, olay oli olord *OLAY, OLI, OLAY OLORD* they will save us from the dark, olay oli olord..."

The first people to sing, Sophie and the other girl... Biana, were dancing a dance that reminded Alex almost of her mom, offering a hand to shake on a deal but crossing their fingers behind their backs, then spinning away all while Keefe and Linh began singing.

"Now comes the shifter, who's never as she seems, she will save us with her wile all olay oli olord *OLAY, OLI, OLAY OLORD she will save us with her wile olay oli... OOAH*..."

On the chorus, everybody joined in, linking arms and spinning on the stage, high fiving their friends then spinning back, ending in a bow. 

Alex felt a tingle go down her spine as her brain caught up to the words. Somehow, they felt important. Then, the counselors began calling their campers to follow them, youngest campers to oldest.

So, how was that? 

I like messing with popular tropes, so instead of being god-awful at singing, some of the counselors are actually amazing :)

Galaxy will see you soon.