Chapter Four ~ Dia

This is Arissa reporting here. (still the most awesomess)

Meet Dia and Talon

_______________________________________

Damn, detention again. You don't know me, good, count yourself as saved. I am the devil's spawn, I cause problems for everybody. Not like Enya or Talise, who cause mayhem by pranks. I cause destruction, by the masses. I am the person you see walking down the hall you move. I am the resident bad a$$, and I'm Dia Lee Matthews. Now you probably wondering how did she get detention. I may have accidentally called a teacher the c-word. So not my fault, she was ragging on me, when I was on time and actually did my work, so yes I was kind of peeved. I think the teacher should have been proud that I was there on time or even there at all. I am a girl who loves her sleep, so the teacher should have been ecstatic I was even awake doing my work. I am actually happy I came on time, I got to see Enya and Talise most amazing speech ever and Ms...Itch do her very entertaining dance.

I know detention is only fair for swearing at a teacher, but I think Ms. Chalk is out for the kill this year. I got four straight weeks of after school detentions. I think she actually expects me to attend school just to go to detention after. That lady must have been tortured to long by the Twins (aka my nickname for Enya and Talise) because she asking for miracle. I will placate her for today, but tomorrow no, I am going home and sleep and finish the week worth of work the teachers have learned very well to give me when ever I appeared. I did make sure I was in their class at least once a week, not all on the same day mind you, but still. See I don't get why I can't Ms. Chalk see that I am still a B student even though my attendance is that of a F's. It wasn't hard. I studied at home.

"Dia," a very terrified freshman girl stuttered out. We had options last block with all grades. Hmmm, my reputation seems to have proceeded me. Cool.

"Yes," I asked kindly with a smile. The young girl seemed nice enough. She at least stop shaking.

"Class is over, " She said braver, and without stuttering.

"Oh, thank you, if you didn't say anything I would have sat there for hours," I laughed and waved as I walked away. Everyone looked at the girl with respect. I think I just gave that girl instant popularity. Cool, I am like a god. I started laughing in my head until a door got in the way. No I didn't run in to it, but I had I staring contest with it an inch from my nose.

I turned to see who opened the door that nearly smashed my face. I huffed. It was my best friend Talon. The one human male in this school that doesn't seem afraid of me. Even some of the rugby boys skirt around me. Talon is what you expect on the out side for a bad boy. Black hair, blue eyes, defined features, and the jeans and leather gear. He even wore shade inside.

"Watch it, you almost flattened my face," I scowled.

"Well, it would have improved it," He snapped back laughing, he also is cocky, conceited, and quiet full of himself too, but see there is a slight problem with him.

"Take that back or I will bring Claudia over," I threatened, Talon froze. He is disgusted to the point of avoidance of sl... nice innocent girls like Claudia, girls that throw themselves at him. No he is not gay, I don't think, hmmm, one day I will have enough energy to ask him, not today. I have detention today.

"So, do you have detention?" I asked. Apparently that wasn't worth a worded response and instead got a look saying 'are you an idiot, of course'. I rolled my eyes and pulled him toward the classrom where detention was going to be held.

"So what did you do?" I asked as I slowed down.

Talon laughed, "I was sleeping in ... a class, and the teacher gave me a detention but then I disputed and now I have five weeks of lunch and after school, detentions. You?" Talon laughed again and rolled my eyes, at his weirdness.

"Called a teacher the C word and was sentence to four week of after school detention," Talon laughed and shook his head.

"Only you, D are capable of getting that must detentions for that little of things."

I pouted the rest of the way to classroom. Talon kept apologizing, trying to get me to talk to him, and it was getting really hard. I think detention might be bearable today. Maybe.