Chapter One- Enya

Hiya people! Alex here! *cough* The awesome one *cough* I'm gonna be writing the first chapter, hope you enjoy!...

Well, change of plans. It turns out the MOST AWESOME ONE (sticks out tongue at Alex) should write the first chapter so...

CORINNE WILL BE WRITING IT! Hope you enjoy!

NO WAY, I AM WAY MORE AWESOME HERE ~aNdY

LIES! -Corinne

Oh, and my character is Enya and Alex is Talise. The others are to come.

______________________________________________________________

Our Story

ENYA’S POINT OF VIEW

We stood in the principal’s office, noting the principal had put up a new picture frame.

Talise and I had been in here that many times.

We had memorised the image of disgusting floral wallpaper that I had described as 'the murder-scene of the ugliest flowers she'd seen in her life', which had promptly gotten me a detention. Not to be outdone, Talise labelled the computer, this shitheap that doesn't even seem to work, 'The Dinosaur Computer', and I still don't know if she's calling our principal a dinosaur, or the computer. She'd gotten a detention too. We were in it together.
We'd both then started making a flap about the smell in her office, and suspiciously asking Ms Chalk, who we preferred to call Ms Crank, if she'd 'let a little gas loose'. She'd been furious at the accusations, but it just turned out to be the roadkill skunk that was in the filing cabinets. Talise and I had done that a few days earlier, and the stink had really managed to catch up.
Needless to say, we got a week of detention for that one.

But it was a new year, new us, right?

No, not really.

Glancing at the clock, I realised the bell hadn’t even gone for the start of class. The school year hadn’t officially started, but here Talise and I were, caught breaking into Miss Hoof’s car and putting a tarantula and a snake in there. We simply wanted to know if the rumours of Miss Hoof being terrified of both snakes and spiders were true.
I had ‘borrowed’ the tarantula from my brother and Talise had ‘borrowed’ the snake from her brother. Well, at least we had broken the record of earliest prank pulled.

But we'd been caught, unfortunately, and hence the reason we were in Crank's office. I was amazed she had let us in her office while she wasn’t there. Ready to make the use of that fact, I nodded at Talise. With her black hair and aqua tips, Talise was near my polar opposite, as I had brown hair and red tips. My eyes are grey, and had a cunning glint in them. Talise’s eyes are blue, with golden specks. Even our names are so different. Mine means fire and hers means water. We both resembled our names. She was calm (some of the time), laid back and chilled, but I had a huge temper, ready to blow at any time.
However, we were both crazy at times, which is what drew us together. We were both smart, and we both loved pranks. She always had something to provide havoc and mayhem. I was the one to carry it out while she distracted, and quite often added my own little trick. Knowing what I was thinking, Talise revealed a tube of itching powder. My face conveyed my delight.

“Where did you get this?” I asked, my eyes wide. She laughed.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” She teased, handing it to me. I glanced around the room and saw the official school jacket Crank had to wear at the opening ceremony, hanging on the back of her chair. Talise saw it too and we grinned at each other.

“Use it all. I have more at home.” Talise told me as the matching maniacal grins appeared on our faces. So I pulled off the jacket and soaked it in itching powder. I shook it everywhere, and I’m sure half of it went onto the chair but as long as there was some on the jacket, it would be hilarious. I had some left over so I opened all the unlocked drawers, and dumped the leftovers in there.

“She’s coming.” Talise hissed at me and I shoved it in my pocket and returned to the front of the desk as Crank appeared through the door. She narrowed her eyes at us, our hands innocently behind our backs, swinging gently, and Talise and I looked at each other and started whistling. Her lip ring curled as she gave me a smile and I struggled to hide my own.

“Girls.” Crank said, suspicious. Our eyes flicked up to her.

“Yes, Ms Cra-Chalk?” Talise corrected herself so quickly I don’t think Crank picked up on it.

“Why would you put such repulsive animals in Miss Hoof’s car?” She demanded. Talise and I broke into speech at once, both of us muddling up the true story. It was a great way to annoy the teachers so they got over with it quickly.

“There were people in the carpark-“

“They were begging to be released-“

“I don’t know why they would do that-“

"Someone said something about-"

"I don't understand-"

"Spiders and snakes-"

"Hypotenuses-"

“My father-“

“My mother-“

“Enough!” Crank stormed. We silenced, concealing our smug grins.

“It’s not even the first period and you guys get in trouble.” We pulled innocent faces.

"This is serious, girls. I've decided this is the year you'll stop acting like five year olds."

"I'm offended!" I said hotly.

"Resentful of that accusation!" Talise snapped.

"Hurt!" 

"Pained!"

"Irritated!"

"Dismayed!"

"Girls!" Crank silenced us. "I've had enough! You two will be reading out the welcoming for the opening ceremony.” Talise and I glanced at each other. This was brutal. Nobody wanted to do that- it meant sitting up on the stage in front of people. I mimed having trouble to breathe and she got me instantly. Collapsing on the floor, she mimed a fit.

“Do you see what you're doing?!" I screamed. "You're killing her! Miss, you're killing poor Talise!"

But five minutes later we were shoved outside her office, each clutching a piece of paper that we had to read out. If we did, it would be social suicide. Talise and I looked at each other.

“Let’s modify these speeches.” She said, reading my mind.

“Let’s.” I grinned. Crank asked for it.