Thirty-One

At first he began to storm towards me but then that pace turned into a run and I found myself pressed up against the wall, cowering away in fear. His eyes were blazing with anger and mine; fear.

It was until Zayn had held him by the arms and Liam had him in a headlock position did I feel the slightest bit of relief. Only the slightest. Harry was persistent on being free, yet whilst the boys struggled to hold him they managed.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Liam shouted. "Cut this shit out, Harry. You're gonna hurt someone!"

And just like that he stopped. His actions came to a halt and he wasn't struggling underneath their grips. I felt overwhelmed. The fact that it's unknown what he was going to do to terrified me, but I pitied him. I pity him yet I am still cowering away from his still and restrained figure like a coward. No sane person would be anywhere near him in this state. In fact, a sane person would probably go to the police.

But they'd only make things worse.

"You're putting yourself in danger, Cassandra!" He growled. "You're going to get yourself killed!"

Heavy sobs raked throughout my body, the tears endlessly streamed down my face as I watched his anger-expressed face. His teeth were clenched together, his brows were furrowed whilst his eyes frightened me the most. His pupils were almost turned into slits as he remained his vision on nothing but me. Under his gaze I felt like fragile glass, slowly cracking and shattering with every passing second. It was too intense, but too mesmerising to avert my gaze elsewhere.

"She didn't know," Liam said quietly. "It isn't her fault."

"The hell it isn't!" Harry replied with a shout, yet his shuddering glare was still kept on me. "I can't - She's in danger, and I can't have this." His head dropped to the ground in shame and that was the moment when I felt my lips quiver. "They're going to come after me and then her, and I... I can't let them hurt her."

A soft whimper emitted from my parted lips as I sobbed quietly to myself. The welding of tears in my eyes stung and I found it pointless to keep in my sobs once I felt my warm tears trickle down my cheeks.

"Let me go," he whispered. "Please."

The boys hesitated, sharing a look with one another before obeying Harry's plea. The moment they released his arms and neck he stood up with a sigh. John had long disappeared into the bedrooms for some unknown reason, but once he returned he held a pair of black sweatpants and a grey shirt.

"You... tried to kill me." I scolded myself for sounding so weak and afraid, but it was too late to back out now. My voice held no stability-in fact not a single fibre of mind had any stability. I sighed quietly as his silence, repeating my statement. "You wanted to kill me."

"You know I'd never do that."

"But you did!" I sobbed, raising my hand to wipe away the tears that began to dry on my wet cheeks. "You're a monster."

"I can't help being who I am, Cassandra." His condescending tone sent a chill down my spine. The way his eyes stared me down only increased the fear and frustration I felt.

"Don't give me that tone, dammit Harry!" On its own accord my hand slammed on the wooden dining table with so much force the grotesque vase shook on its stand. "What the hell are you? Who the hell are you... b-because I don't know anymore. I-I don't know what's real anymore or, or what's not." I covered my mouth with my hand that continuously shook on its own avail. I don't know what to make of this entire situation. I want to run. Run so far away, and be as distant as I could be from Harry.

But I know that won't happen.

My life is now dependant on him, and his help. But it still doesn't change the fact that I've lost all trust in him. And any previous feelings I had for him are slowly diminishing. I don't know if what he's said has been a lie or not. He's lost all respect from me too.