Chapter 20: Red Stamp

The poor thing fell asleep in my arms. How adorable. I couldn't see her face, but I felt her body relax completely and I could hear the cutest and faintest of snores in my ear. She must have been exhausted.

"I-Is she gonna be okay?" I heard Wanda ask shyly as she followed close behind. "She'll be alright. Her wounds need cleaning and she might need to rest for a while but other than that she should be okay." I contemplated taking her to the hospital for a moment, but I soon realised what a terrible idea that was. For one, the two of them had essentially trespassed, and suffering an injury at the hands of abandoned government property would only result in further trouble. She would probably end up with some hefty fine to pay on top of her hospital bill, so it was for the best that we kept this incident a secret. Second of all, he injuries weren't that bad. If anything, she's extremely lucky that she didn't end up with any serious damages. I decided it would be best if I just took care of her myself. I could disinfect her back, making sure to remove any fragments of wood, glass or concrete in it, and wrap them up so that they could heal. As for her head, I noticed no obvious signs of trauma or any kind of bleeding so I wasn't too worried about it. She might just have a headache for a while.

Wanda and I made it out to the car, trying our best not to get too soaked from the light rain that was trickling down. I quickly opened the passenger side door and ushered Wanda to climb in, so that I could place Y/N on her lap once she had buckled herself in. I couldn't just sit her in the back seat because of her back. She had to be resting on her side to avoid any pressure on her cuts. Having her in Wanda's lap seemed like the safest bet. I jogged around to the drivers side, hopping in, buckling up before driving away. We were around 20 minutes away from the main city area and the atmosphere in the car was awfully quiet. I didn't know Wanda that well, apart from knowing that she was Y/N's roommate. I mean, if I was in a car with a teacher that I didn't know, who also happened to have a thing going on with my roommate, then I would be pretty spooked too.

"Hey, I'm gonna bring her back to my place to get her cleaned up, do you want me to drop you off at your dorm?" I finally asked, breaking the silence. "Umm, yes, please, that'd be great thanks." She answered pretty quickly. She was definitely nervous. I didn't want her to be scared of me, so I decided to try and get a conversation going so that she would feel more at ease. "So... Wanda... what is it that you do?"

"Oh, I'm an English student." I noticed she pulled Y/N closer and fiddled with her hands. Wow, they even have the same nervous habits. They are more alike than I thought.

"That explains the library..." I joked. "...What do you do besides that? You know, like for fun."

"Oh uhh, well..." She sat up and I saw her shoulders relax as she slumped into the seat more. I can tell she doesn't get that question a lot and she was excited to tell me about herself. "...I do really like books, I'm in book club. I play chess sometimes, not competitively but just for fun, it's just a little something I used to play with my brother. I love to cook, I would cook all the time if I could, I play volleyball and I love to party. Yeah, that's uhh, that's about it." She was grinning pretty hard, I could tell she was proud of herself and of her hobbies.

I was impressed. Not only by how much she seemed to have going on in her life but how enthusiastic she was to tell me about it. Maybe getting her to be friendly with me was going to be easier than I thought. She seemed a nice girl. Really sweet too. "Woah, that's- really impressive Wanda. So does that m-" I stopped abruptly, noticing Y/N starting to stir a little in Wanda's lap and shift around slightly. I placed a hand on her knee, rubbing it gently and shushing her until she relaxed again.

"What I was gonna say was, does that mean you went to that party at the weekend?"

"The Pi Delta Psi one?"