Chapter 12: Look Up

"Just stay where you are. I'm on my way."

I could not get out of my apartment building fast enough. I had been pacing around my living room all night, anxiously awaiting a text from Y/N. Despite all of the warnings I gave her, she decided to get up and go to this stupid frat party with her friends anyways, and she's had me worried sick all night. She must have thought I was trying to baby her when I tried to tell her about the dangers of Pi Delta Psi parties but I couldn't have been more serious. I've worked here long enough to know the dark and disturbing truths of what really goes on at their little gatherings. Every year there's always a huge influx of complaints from students regarding an incident at the hands of the PDP. They are nothing but trouble and it's driving me crazy to think about what could have happened to Y/N. She liked to stir up a little trouble herself (trust me I know) but I can tell she's nothing but innocent and I don't want tonight to have taken that away from her. I sure as hell hope she's okay.

I rushed to my car and fumbled with my keys before unlocking it, getting in and speeding away. Even though I was driving WAY over the speed limit, it seemed as though I couldn't get there fast enough. I didn't really know what exactly to expect when I arrived, or what sort of state Y/N would be in. From over the phone she sounded a little distressed, but I can't be certain. Maybe she is just drunk and needs a ride home. Or maybe it's something deeper than that. Either way, I was going to make sure that whatever I do, I was going to get her out of there and away from that damn frat house. Luckily it was around 2am in the morning so the streets were completely empty which meant I could book it down the usually busy main roads at 80mph without any obstruction. It was actually, now that I come to think out it, almost... hauntingly quiet. I don't usually find myself in the streets late night and so the gloomy atmosphere that the desolate roads seemed to radiate made me feel pretty unnerved. Maybe it was the streets, or maybe it was the fact that I couldn't stop thinking about what sort of state that Y/N was in that made everything seem much more chilling. 

As I sped through the deserted city roads, taking every shortcut that I could think of, my mind couldn't help but wander what could have occurred at that wretched party tonight. What has gotten Y/N so shaken that she broke her vow of virtual-silence to ask me to help her? More specifically she had said that she 'needed me'. As sweet as that virtuous little confession was, and how much internal warmth it gave me, there was something so unsettling about the way it was said. Oh, I don't know. I think I'm looking too deep into things. She probably just had a lot to drink and forgot to keep up her little ignorance act when she realized she had no way of getting home. Yeah... we'll go with that. Come on Natasha! For once in your life, don't assume the worst. It's so hard though when I know that she is out partying at a frat that is so notoriously dangerous, with the worst history NYU has ever seen. No. "Come on, she's just drunk. Just drunk Natasha. Juusstt druunnnkkk...." I had to reassure myself, remembering to breath properly.

I pulled up outside of the house, to see Y/N sat on the edge of the sidewalk in front of the madhouse, just looking down at her hands nervously. She was doing that cute little thing where she plays with her fingers when she gets all nervous. Although my mouth completely failed to resist letting out a small 'awww' accompanied by a vague pout, it did pull on my heart strings slightly just thinking about what had made her so jittery. She was so consumed by her thoughts, trapped in her own thinking, engulfed in her own silence, that she didn't even notice me pull up. I couldn't get out to greet her just because it was far too risky for me to be seen here by other student, let alone be seen picking up one. Luckily my windows were tinted and it was pretty dark out so there was no chance of that. So instead, I shot her a quick text...

Look up :)

... and I watched her face light up as she spotted my car, quickly rushing over and climbing in. My god she looked so pretty. Her dress hugged her figure nicely, her jewellery handpicked to compliment her outfit and her skin tone, and a small pink flush smudged over each cheek. Her hair was a little messy and her make up was a little smudged but that just added to the adorableness, which was completed with a cute little smile that let out a faint giggle as she climbed into the passenger seat. It made my heart melt that she was clearly happy to see me, and was doing a terrible job at hiding it seeing as that grin never seemed to disappear. I noticed that her eyes seemed to be subtly glazed over. Either she was HAMMERED or she had been crying, and I'm draw to believe that it was the former just judging by her carefree demeanor. I'll find out soon enough, but now was not the time. I just stared at her staring back at me adoringly. That goofy smile did a pretty good job of making my heart melt. Just look at her... come on! With a face like that it was impossible to stay mad at her.

A/N

Don't come at me I KNOW how short this chapter is but it says 12a because there's gonna be a 12b which is gonna be a little lengthier but I needed to separate them out just so things were clearer so expect another part.

It has been a hot minute but your girl has got A Levels to study for and it takes up so much damn time. What a bad time to start a book right? But I'll make it work, you wont have to wait this long again.

Anyways if anyone else is doing exams, we in this together, we got this, you'll be fine don't worry. And if you don't have any... life must be great for y'all.

Anyways, like I said, anticipate a 12b and I'll see you in the next chapter :)