Chapter Seven: No More Tickets

-Chapter 7-

March 26

Text from: Kyle <33

Message: hey cc! what r u doin this weekend?

Reply: oh, ya know, GOING TO 1D'S CONCERT!! =D what abt u bf?

Text from: Kyle <33

Message: really? Wow! Have fun! I'm just hangin.

I put down my phone and sighed, satisfied. I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact I was actually going!

I looked back at my ticket.

7279331.

Did it look lucky? Hmm. My lucky numbers are 7 and 3, and there's two of each. That makes a little over half of it lucky. Not that the numbers themselves mattered. The winners would be announced by a random drawing.

I couldn't wait for the concert! And what if I actually DID end up meeting my favorite people in the world? That would be so amazing!

My thoughts were interrupted by a new one: I can get up to THREE raffle tickets! If I bought another one, my chances would be better!

I put my raffle ticket on my dark wooden desk and opened my silver laptop. I clicked my user and logged on. I double-clicked the Internet and scrolled over to the bookmark bar.

Onedirection.net... blogspot.com... gmail.com... Onedirectionexclusive.com!

I clicked on that one.

THIS WEBPAGE HAS EXPIRED

What?!? No! I wanted to get another raffle ticket!

Frantically, I clicked the refresh button. Then I clicked it again. But the screen didn't change.

THIS WEBPAGE HAS EXPIRED

Ugh! I started rapidly clicking the refresh button. But the site never wavered.

I slammed the computer shut and glared at its silver Toshiba logo.

To my left I found my raffle ticket where I had left it. It's black letters stared at me. The yellow tint to the card seemed to glow.

But I knew it was just a normal ticket; seven useless numbers typed onto a sheet of paper.

But for the first time, it felt lucky.

*~*~*

"CUZ YOU WANT, YOU WANT, YOU WANT ME TO LOVE YOU TOO!!" Samantha and I half-screamed, half-sang along to my iPod, which was blasting at top volume. I collapsed onto the floor laughing; Samantha soon copied.

Samantha and I would definitely be the people in class who just blurt out random things in the middle of a lesson very loudly. Then the room goes silent for three seconds and, in unison, the class bursts out laughing. Every class has that kid. But of course, we only do it with the right teachers.

"I Wahhhn...!" I tried to choke out the next verse, but my laughter took over and I just cracked up on the floor.

Thumping down the stairs came Dylan. Samantha jokes that he's a stalker since he follows me everywhere. He twisted his face into an adorable confused expression, while he witnessed us laughing so hard we were tearing up.

Still on the third stair from the floor, Dylan took a nice long look at us before turning around and rushing back up the stairs, looking scarred from what he had seen.

"Dylahhhhn..." Samantha laughed, trying to get up. At this point we couldn't even remember what was so funny.

He glanced back at us to see the same scene he had seen before.

Samantha succeeded in standing up, the giggles finally dying down. She started up the stairs. Like a startled rabbit, he scampered away. Of course, this started another round of laughter.

Samantha has been my best friend since third grade. We're both serious directioners, which is partly why we're such close friends. She's in love with Liam, I'm in love with Niall.

Finally, the laughter died down and we flopped onto the couch. I sighed, out of breath. My iPod jammed on as we caught our breath. Samantha's chocolate brown hair hung in her face, covering her beautiful matching eyes. Gosh, how is she still single?

Her eyes lit up. "Oh! I almost forgot!"

From her back pocket in her jeans she pulled out something shiny. She handed it to me. "Happy belated birthday!" she exclaimed.

In my hand now was a cloth multicolored bracelet. What I had seen that was shiny was a little infinity symbol that was made of metal. At the bottom on the right side was written in cursive: "directioner"

I grinned and slipped it onto my wrist. It dangled off of my wrist by about an inch. I leaned over and hugged Samantha. "Thanks!!" I smiled.

Then Samantha held up her own wrist. She was wearing the same bracelet! She started giggling. "Look; now we match!"

I started giggling too.

"CYNTHIA!!!" my mom screamed from upstairs.

I sprinted up the stairs.