Chapter 3

Gang was having lunch in cafeteria when a girl came to them.

"Isha.. Tumhe Anand sir ne bulaya hai" Someone told Isha.

Isha chocked on water. She started coughing. Ritesh patted on her back. Nikita and Radha cleared their throats to tease her. Sumedh furrowed his brows.

"Jao Isha." Radha said.

"Wo staffroom me hai" That girl informed.

"Mujhe prof Saxena se milna hi hai waise bhi." Sumedh stood up and started wearing his jacket. "Main bhi aata hoon tumhare sath."

Nikita and Radha made a face. This time Prashant cleared his throat.

Isha nodded.

Sumedh and Isha left and started walking towards staff room.

"Ek to yeh campus ka design. Hamara favorite canteen ek pole pe aur hamara college alag pole pe" Sumedh said.

Isha didn't react. She kept walking. There was an awkward silence. Both never really were alone with each other. So they never noticed how awkward they feel around each other.

They were best friends in childhood but never understood when an awkwardness was born in between them. Isha was a shy girl. Sumedh was outspoken. He was bold and Isha was somehow timid. They were poles apart.

Nikita was exactly like Sumedh. Their personalities matched with each other. They had same interests. Same views and thoughts.

After 5 minutes they were almost near college when Sumedh cleared his throat to break the silence. "Kyu bulaya hoga tumhe professor ne?"

"No idea." Isha answered. "Aise kabhi bulaya nahi unhone."

"Let's see" Sumedh said whilst holding the door of staffroom open for her.

"May we come in sir?" Isha asked.

"Yes." Anand sir looked up and smiled. Isha entered followed by Sumedh.

Anand sir's smiling face turned into a confused one.

"I am here to meet Prof Saxena." Sumedh said.

Prof Anand leaned on back of his chair and looked at Isha.

Sumedh went to meet prof Saxena.

"I called you for something important." Prof Anand said while signalling her to sit.

"We are organizing a college trip. Main tum logoka class teacher hoon isliye tum sabko inform karna aur baki sab dekhna mera kaam hai. And also I am the in charge of this trip. Kya tum yeh news thik se sabko de paogi?" Prof Anand asked.

"Yes sir." Isha said. She was about to burst out of excitement but she controlled.

"Dekho kitne log tayyar hai unko count karo aur number mujhe batao to hum log arrangements kar sakte hai." Prof Anand said. "Waise to notice board pe notice lag jayega. Par tum yeh kaam karogi. Trip me mere aur class students ke bich me tum medium ka kaam karogi. Chalega?" He said.

Isha nodded.

"Fine then. Destination aur accommodation kya hoga kaisa hoga main aaj raat tumhe text kar dunga. 3-4 din me pakka count mujhe batana." He smiled.

"Yes sir. Main aap ko bata dungi" She said.

Sumedh was waiting for her. As soon as She came out he asked. "Kyu bulaya tha?"

Isha startled. Sumedh understood his mistake. "Sorry." He muttered.

Isha told him about the college trip and how he asked her to be medium in between students and him.