Chapter 1 (Getting started)

(Your POV)

After hours of doing nothing but sitting at a desk and working on a computer, you take a moment to stretch a little since you noticed that your back started to hurt from being slightly hunched over for so long. You happen to look over to your desk drawer, and notice that it's slightly open. You find that odd, but figured it's better not to question it. You open it up and look at what's inside, only to find piles of paper, and an old envelope. As you look at it, a memory hits you like a brick to the face, and you quickly try to open it. It reads:

Dear Y/n,

If you're reading this, you must be in dire need of a change.

The same thing happened to me, long ago. I'd lost sight of what mattered most in life... Real connections with other people and nature. So I dropped everything and moved to the place I truly belong.

I've enclosed the deed to that place... My pride and joy: f/n farm. It's located in Stardew Valley, on the southern coast. It's the perfect place to start your new life.

This was my most precious gift of all, and now it's yours. I know you'll honor the family name, my girl.

Good luck.

Love, Grandpa

P.s. If Lewis is still alive say hi to the old guy for me, will ya?

 You almost tear up a little after reading the letter. You had almost forgotten that you even had it because it's been so long since you put it in that dusty drawer. You got up to go tell your boss about the situation, and that you were going to quit working at Joja. But you quickly sat back down when anxiety hit. What were you gonna tell him? You can't just say something like "I've got a farm to go to. See ya later. Not!" That would be stupid.

After what felt like an hour of thinking, you got up and walked to the office where your boss was. You walked in and gave him a little wave, and he waved back, and questioned what you were doing in his office. You told him what was going on, showed him the letter, and told him you were quitting. He looks at the letter for a bit, looks up at you, and simply nods. He knew what you wanted to do, and wanted to get it over with. After quitting your job, you then decide to head home and pack up your things to get ready to move to Stardew Valley.