Can't lose you ➵ Harry Potter

This is requested by JulzLovDraco4Eva

This is requested by JulzLovDraco4Eva. I changed it quite a bit, I'm so so sorry about that. I didn't refer to your request when I was writing it, so I got it a little messed up and hopefully you still like it.

➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶➴ ➶

✃- - - - - - - - - - -

Year 5:

✃- - - - - - - - - - -

It was the first DA meeting and it was going incredibly. Everyone was hyped up, all ready to actually learn some Defense against Dark Arts and I was certainly no less excited. Harry had started with the stunning charm which I was already pretty good with, so now I spent the rest of the time looking around the room at everyone as Harry went around the room, fixing a few mistakes here and there.

This activity was quite fun for me, although I felt like a bit of a creepy stalker as I followed his form around the room, watching as he broke out into a beautiful grin after helping Colin do the spell. It was a nice change to see him smile though, after what happened with Cedric last year, he'd somewhat changed. 

He wouldn't dare admit it, but he'd been having nightmares. I was sure of it. When you'd been friends with someone as long as I had with Harry, you pick up a lot of tiny details about their behaviour. Such as, whenever he insisted that he was alright when in reality he wasn't, he would not be able to make eye contact for longer than ten seconds. It was my little trick for spotting whenever he lied to us. 

I liked him. A lot.  But I couldn't do anything to reveal my crush to Harry. Being Ron's cousin was nice. Mostly. Except for when it came to my relationships in which case, he got all protective and I could only imagine his outraged reaction if something happened between us. 

I got pulled out of my thoughts when Hermione appeared in my line of sight, smirking as she saw who I was looking at. I immediately looked away, pretending as though I wasn't just caught staring at my best friend.

"It's okay, Y/n, I know you like him."

"Of course I don't!" I answered, looking away as I dusted off my Hufflepuff robes. 

"It's alright. You can't control who you love, N/n," she said consolingly, 

"Okay I don't like him and I definitely don't love him!"

"Love who?" I heard someone ask, stepping beside me. Hermione and I turned to find Harry look at us both curiously, his hands in his pockets. I looked around to see everyone leaving. The session had apparently ended.

"Oh- I- It's no one," I answered evasively as Hermione grinned slyly, slipping away from the conversation and falling in step with Ron who was waving her over to leave.