Falling again ➵Blaise Zabini

"Y/n, Head nurse Lawton's asking for you

"Y/n, Head nurse Lawton's asking for you." I looked up to see Matthew standing at the door.

"Thanks, Matthew, I'll be going. Did he look angry?"

"You mean more than normal? That man's always angry."

I chuckled," Don't let him hear you say that."

"I won't, but you better hurry."

I fixed my hair slightly, walking to the head nurse's office. Entering, I greeted him." Good Morning, Mr Lawton."

He grunted in response. I smiled at him. He must be in a good mood or he would not even nod in response. "Ms L/n, as you know, you have completed your training period successfully and you will now be assigned to a partner with whom you will share most shifts."

I nodded. There was a knock on the door. "Ah, that must be your partner. Come in!"

 I watched dumbfounded as the person I least expected entered the room, hands in his pockets. It was Blaise freaking Zabini. They hugged each other as I watched with my jaw on the floor. "M'boy Zabini, you grew up well. How is your mother?" Mr Lawton said, thumping Zabini on the back as his lips flitted up in a smirk.

My jaw was still wide open when Mr Lawton called my name," Ms L/n, I'm sure you know Blaise Zabini. I believe he was in your year at Hogwarts?"

I nodded, swallowing the lump in my throat, internally dying. I had to work with Zabini as my partner? My little faith in the gods had now disappeared.

"I will have your schedules sent up to you tomorrow, acquaint yourselves to each other, and leave my office."

We nodded in unison stepping out of the office. "How have you been, L/n?"

"I- I've been great." Until you showed up.

"Look, L/n, I-" he started but I cut him off.

"I have some...important work to tend to. I need to go." I walked to my tiny office in long strides, hurrying to get away from him. And the rest of the day, thoughts revolving around Blaise Zabini were all that occupied my mind. As much as I wanted to forget, my mind lingered the last interaction I had with him in our 5th year at Hogwarts.

✃- - - - - - - - - - -

Fifth-year at Hogwarts:

✃- - - - - - - - - - -

After yet another potions class with Zabini as my partner, I couldn't take it anymore. Waiting for the class to clear out, I lingered a little longer in my seat knowing that Zabini was always one of the last people to leave class every day.

I cleared my throat, my heart pounding in my chest. Zabini turned towards me, raising a brow, flashing me his famous Zabini smirk.