Nine

Both of you were once again taking a stroll in the harbor, everything was peaceful until you two meet his friends. Even Tartaglia was there along with the traveler. Perhaps it was a coincidence, no, perhaps it was fate. It was such fate to see him looking satisfied and happy without you.

Suddenly a part of you felt relieved, and a little sad, maybe.

"What a beautiful scene you're looking at Lady. Though I would be much beautiful if you're there"

Suddenly you felt a gentle voice right beside you, it was familiar yet unfamiliar, as if you've heard that before

"Oh, it seems like I've said my thoughts out loud, I apologize Young Lady"

You look at the person who was speaking right beside you for a moment

It was a person with the most mesmerizing eyes you've seen, at least second to Morax's amber ones. It was a beautiful purple eyes. She has a long raven hair, and she was wearing a simple black outfit.

After awhile, you open your mouth

"You're not a human"

There she let out a chuckle, yet you continue

"You're here to pick me up"

A smile creeps up on the lips of the lady who seems to be in the same age as her yet call her a young lady

"You're death"

You stated, looking away from her and focus your glaze at your lover who seems to be teased by his friends

"Well you're wrong about one thing and right about two things"

The purple-eyed female replied to you before following where you glaze was on

Once again there was silence, but the purple-eyed female never leave you alone as you stare at Zhongli in the distance. It was really a satisfying scene, he would often look over your direction to check on you. It's not like he left you alone, but it was you how automatically distance yourself away from the group, thinking you'll be gone every soon.

"I think he was very lonely"

The female spoke once again, it cause you to flinch

"Lonelier than he lets on, maybe lonelier than he could realize"

Suddenly you felt the glaze of that female into you

"Lonelier than you could realize, (First name)(Last name)"

By her words, you couldn't help hut to get frustrated,

"I know"

You whisper, hands forming into fist

Because you knew that already, that's why you somehow felt relief to see him surrounded by someone who cares about him, someone who cares about him other than you.

When you first meet him, you thought he was a man with many allies, but their relationship with others were nothing more than a contract. He was lonely, he was lonely before he met you, but you made him feel warmth and he no longer feel alone.

Zhongli was a man of history and tradition, but he live through thousand of years, along those years were thousand of memories, but if there is only one thing that remains, that would be you.

You still haven't left him, and it pained you that you will soon do. Death is something no one can escape.

"But what can I do even if I want to stay?"

That's the truth

You wanted to stay, you wanted to be with him, you don't want to be part away from him, you don't want to die.

His warmth was addicting, all you wanted to feel was his love and warmth that shows your world different meaning. It shows you that you're not just wrath, that you could be different too.

"That warmth and love changes your lives"

Your (eye color) iris meet her purple ones

"It should come as losing one of you would pretty much will done the same"

She added

"That's why you're wrong about one thing and right about two things"

She starts to smile at you

Strange enough you find that smile oddly familiar

"I wasn't a human, and I am here to pick you up. But I'm not death"

Your eyes widen at her worlds

She's not death? Then what is she?

"My identity is not something I could easily give away. And I'm here to fulfil and pay a debt"

A debt? To you? When did you ever did something for this being?

"What is it that you desire the most?"

That question made you silent, you don't know why she was suddenly asking such a strange question yet your eyes once again landed on your lover.

And he was already looking at you before giving you a smile and a wave.

"I want to stay"

You answered truthfully

"I want to stay here with him, alive. I want to stay by his side"

You really want to, then and now, you badly want to

That was your desire, that was your greed, that was your wish.

You want to stay by his side, wrap your arms around him without a care in the world and feel his warmth.

Then for a moment, your thoughts was cut off my a gentle laugh.

"If that's what you ask for, though, you have something to do"