Six

"The last time I see you you're still a child"

You stated, walking towards the familiar black-green haired Adeptus who has his back on you

At the same time, Xiao, who heard your voice turn around, only to be greeted by an almond tofu on his face.

"Here"

You gave into him and started leaning against railings of the Wangshu Inn

"Still avoiding the crowds and humans huh"

"You!!"

You humm, turning around to face him

He was looking at you with wide eyes, he couldn't see it. But he could feel it.

"You're dying"

You just humm in return

It's not like there was a point of denying obvious things.

"What Morax found was temporary solution, no one can escape death, Xiao"

When Xiao heard you sigh, he felt the weight of the world with it.

Still he was dumbfounded, because here you are right in the middle of the night, silently staring back at the moon as the moon light hit your figure.

You're like a mother he never had, you've always been my his side along side his master, her friend Morax and you. You would often visit him during those days, right beside you would always be Morax admiring you in the distance.

Yet he can feel your elements slowly scattering in the wind, going back into nature where they originally belonged to.

He heard your condition from Morax right after the archon war. That's why Morax decided to seal you every hundred year in order to prolong your life. But the seal was slowly becoming undone, no, it became undone.

Sooner or later, you'll be gone.

"Why are you looking at me like that, Little Xiao?"

You asked, not even looking at him not glaze still focused on the moon

"I accepted my fate a long time ago"

You said with a sigh

"Yet I still want to feel that warmth"

You let out a chuckle

"I was greedy"

Then you look at him

"Little Xiao"

You voice was soft voice, reminds him dreams he consumed

"When the time comes"

You walk over him, he was still holding the small bowl that contains the almond tofu

"Please watch over Morax"

you ruffle his hair

Usual, he would be mad, saying how you're ruining his hair, yet he say silent, making a bitter smile appear on your lips.

"It seems like you've grown, Xiao"

You couldn't help to smile, genuinely this time

"But you'll always be a Little Xiao to me"

He was like a little brother you never had.

"Then. I'll get going"

You have him a quick smile

As you figure starts to vanish in front of him, he ask you as question

"Will you be back?"

You wonder about that to, but

"Who knows, Little Xiao"

You just smile at him, and there you completely vanished

At the same time your figure appeared right beside the bed inside your shared room in the inn. His sleeping form was still right were you left him almost half an hour ago.

He was still sleeping peacefully.

"You'll catch a cold"

You whisper as you tug the covers on his neck to cover his bare chest

Then you let out a chuckle

There is no way an archon could catch a cold or get sick. Yet being alone here with him made you think of the impossible. Often made you think you're just a normal couple, not gods or archons.

You caresses his cheeks affectionately, a gentle smile appearing on your lips.

"You know I have to get going soon Morax"

then there was silence, only the sound of his and your breathing can only be heard.

"Sleep well Love"

You brush off the lost strand of his hair on his forehead before giving him a kiss on the forehead

You lay down right beside him without making a noise and snuggle on his chest, feeling his warmth.

Soon enough you fell asleep.

At the same time he blink, bright amber iris showing as he warp his arms around your small figure.