Eight

You're currently cooking breakfast, since Zhongli isn't a picky eater, you decided to just buy your favorite dish in Liyue. All thanks to certain someone you get to have some mora.

Having your morning stroll, a yawn escape your lips. You're pretty much tired, but you can't let Zhongli do all the works while you're still here so might as well buy some breakfast for both you.

You're pretty sure he was still sleep, it was still early and the sun was just setting, he asked for a break from his boss just to spend the week with you, you know he still has some works to do in regards to his funeral as Rex Lapis. You don't know how he do it, but this past few days he barely part with you.

But to your surprise, as you enter the room, what you find was messy sheets, messy things, in short the room was a mess. It was obviously not your doings last night.

"Zhongli?"

You utter his name, looking for the archon inside the room

"Zhongli"

You call out for him for the second time

Still there was no answer, about to call him once again when you felt someone yank you from behind, making you whine as the person made you face him.

"I thought you're gone"

Ah, it was Zhongli

"I really thought you're gone"

He pull you in his arms, buried his face on your neck as soon as he did

You'll be done sooner or later

No one knows the truth more than Zhongli, Morax who has his seal in you that's the only thing that is keeping you alive. He knew more than anyone that you'll be gone soon. And he hates it, he hates it that he could only find an alternative way to prolong your life. He hates it.

Loving you changed his life, the warmth that you gave him changed his life.

So when he saw the empty side of the bed right beside him, he felt alarmed, he felt panic, he felt sorrow.

He can't stand the thought of losing you.

It's not like you couldn't tell what happened and what he was thinking.

"Hey"

You pat him on his back

"I'm still here"

You caresses his back

"I'm still here Morax"

You smile bitterly

"I'm not the type to just leave without saying goodbye love"

You said with a short laugh

"I just bought us some breakfast, I thought you'll still be asleep"

You carefully lift his face to take a good look of it

He was crying and he was looking away from you, more like starting to avoid your face. There was one simple reason. You hate it when he cry. You've seen him cry before, on your death door thousand years ago. You don't like the sorrow reflected on that bright amber iris that seems to be staining them. You don't like it when he cry because he was hurting, you don't like that you're the source of his pain.

So you hug him, keeping his face on your shoulder as you turn to give head a kiss.

"I'm sorry"

It's so hot in the Philippines