Three

Your lover, the God of Contract, Morax, now known as Zhongli was a man of mystery, you'll never know what's going on inside his head. Not like you're interested on what's going on inside that big brain of his. Even so

"I trust your judgment"

You said with a sigh after he explains his plans to you

It seems dangerous but it was worth the risk.

You've been strangers, to friends, and to lovers.

You've been over the times of gaining trust and testing each other so it was natural to trust each other, besides it's not like you could say something when he already made up his mind. Besides, you've been thinking about those matters too. That the people of Liyue seems to be very much dependent to him.

"And I'm leaving"

You stated with a sigh

You just came out in thoughts of something really did happen to him, but it was just a stupid fluke like you expected. You need to come back and have a rest.

By your words, you notice the sudden shift of atmosphere in the room you're currently in which was one of the guest rooms of the funeral parlor.

"Mor... Zhongli"

You utter his name, unlike your voice of annoyance earlier, this time it was a soft and gentle tone

"You know I can't stay long in here"

You want to, but you really can't

Your body is slowly failing you, it was something both you and Morax, Zhongli knows.

You place your soft and warm hand on his cheek, gently caressing it. He always love it when you do that, so he nuzzle against it, feeling the warmth of your hand as he do so.

"Its been so long since I've seen you"

He might never know if you'll wake up the next time you fell asleep

He was scared, for the second time in his life, he felt such emotion in his life.

The first one was warmth, the feeling of closing your eyes and picturing the sun. That's what it feels like being in love with you, warmth. While the second one was fear, he was scared to lose you, and he once did almost lose you. He was scared because he knows that there is something about you that he wouldn't find it in someone else.

"Stay with me"

He suddenly pull you into a hug

Silently burying his face on your chest as he do so, you were standing so it would be natural that that was the position. After hesitating for a bit, you held him in your arms, gently caressing his long hair, messing with it in the process.

"Alright, just for a week"

It might also be the last, but you didn't dare say those thoughts out loud

Because you know that look in his face.

Stay,

He thought as he held you close.

He needed you more than you could think. In your embrace, he felt warmth.

He didn't want to let go. Not back then, not now and also not in the future.