Chapter 5 >Cursed Return<

It took him round about thirty minutes, but eventually the devil - whose claw your were still clinging to - got bored of poking you and slowly sat you back down on the ground.

Glad that you could finally stop squirming around like a fish on land, you rubbed your sides and slightly glared up at him. "Well, kind of you to consider stopping to poke me..." You mumbled, sarcasm dripping from your voice.

As a response, he slapped you with his tail. Not to hard though, just enough to make clear, who the stronger being of you two was.

"Ouch!" You rubbed the back of your head, sending another light glare into his direction. "Okay, okay, I get it. No being cheeky infront of a god, huh?"

He gave you a look that said: 'Exactly'.

You held back from rolling your eyes at him, not wanting to get slapped again. "Just remember that I am the one knowing the way back to the portal." You told him, emphazising the word "I".

He grumbled after you said that. You figured he was annoyed by the fact, that he had to rely on your guideance cosidering that part.

But... What would he do then, after you brought him to the overworld? Well, maybe exiting the Nether will allow him to shift back into his more humane form. Then you could part ways again and you could carry on with your life normally. Hopefully. You weren't sure.

If he didn't change back however... You had no clue what you were to do then... Oh, why did you promise to help him break that curse?? You'd be probably as useful as a Creeper on a cat hunt!

You sighed. "Shall we go then?"

He nodded.

So you  lead the way back to the portal. First you had to arduously climb back out of the basalt delta.
But your hands were sweaty from the immense heat and your arms tired from mining. No wonder you kept slipping and sliding back down the slope.

Herobrine sat behind you all the while, watching you calmly with a slight hint of amusement in his blank, whit eyes.

Needless to say, he didn't even consider helping you climb out of the ditch you two were in. Not even after your third fruitless attempt.

You didn't know yourself, why you even bothered with waiting for him to help you. You ended up throwing him an annoyed glance over your shoulder anyway.

"You know.... I think we really need to work on our teamwork here..." You muttered.

He just rose an eyebrow at your remark, completey oblivious to the problem at hand. At least it seemed so.

You rolled your eyes and pointed at the terrain, you were trying to climb up.

"I can't climb this on my own. Aren't you gonna help me?"

He just tilted his head, as if asking 'Why?'.

You pressed your mouth shut, until it looked like a thin, straight line. Returning his neutral gaze with your own, slightly dissapproving one, you put both your hands on your hips and waited for a while before answering.

"Because.... I can't get up this wall by myself! And if I can't get up there, I can't help you out of this dimension!"

Now it was his turn to roll his eyes. At least you guessed, that he did. It was hard to tell with his pupil-lacking glow orbs for eyes.

Herobrine moved his huge hand closer to you and you almost feared he would poke you again. But he didn't. Instead he used his claw to poke your backpack. The basalt blocks inside it clattered slightly.