- the hunt.

You

The overwhelming light from the sun bouncing off the snow poured in from the windows. It was so bright that we didn't even need to light any lanterns or candles. I have not been here for very long, but I was already beginning to warm up to this place, as cold and unforgiving as it was. The sunset and sunrises are beyond breathtaking and the night sky is so crystal clear you can see the whole galaxy. But the minute that the fire snuffs out, the whole cottage starts to freeze. First it's the bedroom, the storage, and then the sitting room. There was not a whole lot to do here, sure there were chores that were done to help out but after some time it was just me and the ambience of the wilderness surrounding me.

Me and Phil were developing a friendship and my feelings still were tucked inside for Technoblade. He came off harsh and coldhearted but in brief moments I can tell he is gentle and kind inside. The mystery prince disappear after I last saw him, Phil just said he had a place to be but wanted to make an appearance before he left.

I decide to look around the house some more. This Technoblade was a very wealthy man in materials for just some lone man who lives on a frontier. His pristine armor, well made weapons and expensive clothing raised more questions than none. Who was he really and what was he doing out here? Everything was sorted neatly in their respected chest like a royal would have. For all I knew he could be an extended relative of the royal family based on the kind of things he owns. No. He couldn't be, if he was then surely he would be filled the same hatred for people like me just like everyone else? That's right he didn't know about me and my past, who I really was. He was generous and went out of his way to take me in when he could have left me to die a couple of nights ago. Now I am overflowing with curiosity.

Becoming satisfied after snooping around and looking through the chests, I return to the sitting room where it was warmer. There was a small bookshelf of books that had familiar titles, after skimming the spines of books I pull one out and sit down to read. Even though me and Technoblade share the same roof, he was amazing at disappearing into thin air. Thudding footsteps approach the door on the porch before the door flies open and Technoblade towers in the doorway. "Get your things ready, you are coming out with me and the wolves." I look at him with confusion as my eyes widen intensely.

Did he just say wolves?

I reply with skepticism, putting my book down. This man is just getting more and more mysterious the longer that I am here. "Wolves? Where are we going?"

"Hurry up, we will be waiting outside." He responds shortly before he walks back outside and closes the door behind him.

————————

Suddenly there's a cold thing poking into my side. I whip around to see the biggest wolf I have ever seen. A pair of lively scarlet eyes are staring into my soul and inspecting my every move. The longer I look into its eyes the more agitated it becomes. The hackles of its snow white coat were sticking straight up making it grow even bigger. A chill runs down my spine as a low rumble stirs from the wild beast. I was frozen by fear, too afraid to look away in case it charges. Suddenly it snaps and prepares to pounce on me, it's mighty bark rattling my bones while pinning my mind with terror. I didn't notice how loud my screams were.

Before being torn to pieces by an angry wolf, a whistle rings in both of our ears. The both of us stop. "They are a friend, leave them alone. Shoo, before you scare Carl!" Technoblade tells the wolf off, who cowers apologetically under his command and runs off. I was still grasping on whether I was still alive or not. 

I didn't see but Technoblade had a worried look on his face as he hastily lead his horse out of the barn and over to me. He spoke softly once he reached me. "There you are," He comes over and places a hand on my shoulder, "Are you hurt? I apologize for that, Nova doesn't warm up well strangers. She is difficult."

I flinch from his touch but slowly open my eyes and nod, my heart was still racing, ready to jump out of my chest and explode. I had never been this scared before, not even being on the run as a thief. For the first time I understood just how real and dangerous life was out here, I just experienced it. "I'm just a little bit shaken up, I'll be fine."

"Stick with me and you'll be fine, okay? The others will warm up to you just fine." Others? My eyes go wide, the thought of a large group of wolves made me uneasy, all of the sharp teeth. All of those jarring eyes. He could tell I was mortified by the shakiness of my voice and how I couldn't look at him. "This is Carl, you've seen him for sure but now you know his name. He is a good boy." Carl nickers as a response which makes Technoblade grin. He lifts me up on Carl's back and then mounts up himself and stirs from the back. My cheeks flushed from feeling his chest on my back and our bodies pressed together, but I stopped my thoughts by breaking out in conversation.

Technoblade

One of my favorite things in the world was to go out in the mornings on a ride. I found peace in the world as it was waking up around me. The birds were tucked away and hidden in the trees. The howling and barking of wolves rode the air as Carl steadily carried us through the tundra. We were headed north so the snow and terrain became more dense. We reach a valley where there was known to be a giant waterfall, I had discovered it when I was out patrolling once.

You

The view kept getting more and more unreal. It was like I was in the land I heard of in a story when I was a child. The wolves running and playing alongside us as we explore the endless beauty only added to the experience. In the distance there was a herd of reindeer and I pointed them out to Technoblade. He chuckled and shrugged them off which shocked me, he had said we were out for a hunt. But then it dawned on me that he was not carrying a bow and arrow or any type of hunting weapon, just the sword he always had on him. "What are we doing all the way out here then?" I ask.

"Just wait, it'll be worth it." He responds, I could never get used to his voice and how it made me feel.

Technoblade

We make it to a steep incline so we are forced to dismount and walk by foot. I take their hand as they dismount off of Carl, catching them and support them by their waist. I guide them up the hill until we can see the view. In the spring it is just as magnificent as it is in winter, the water is so blue and rainbows appear hovering over the edge. Y/N clears their throat as they speak up, "So, Technoblade-"

I shake my head and look down at them, interrupting. "Please, just call me Techno. There is no reason for formality, we aren't royalty." I tease playfully, mocking their words from the other day with a smirk. Even though I was completely invested in my work I heard everything Phil and Ranboo said. 

Suddenly a warm sensation hits me, the spark causes my body to jump. I look down and our hands are interwoven, they hadn't parted since I lead them up here. I feel my face flush, I could tell it was really red. Before I can process what I was feeling, they comment about the waterfall, breaking our gaze temporarily and switching the topic. "It is so beautiful, I have never seen anything like it." They say with awe as they take in the view. I too was taken aback by its raw beauty, a heavenly reminder.

I let a moment of silence play out between us as we both experience this together. Although the water was frozen and our hands were warm, I swore that there was spark dwelling between us. Out of no where wolves barreling in, gleeful and full of energy. They became white blurs as they circled us and dash by, flustered by this I try to shoo them away again, instead they ignore me and continue their circles around us. I lose my footing as I try to spin in a circle to tell them all off which makes me stumble on top of them, both of our cheeks flush without a doubt as our lips nearly meet. I anxiously get off of them instantly, dusting the snow off of myself.

That's when they barge in. I had done such a good job suppressing them lately.

They make our heart race...

Love is a lie, this all is a lie.

What is wrong with me? 

I haven't felt this way with someone in a long time...

We nearly kissed then...

Suppress your feelings, you aren't like this.

Was I falling in love again? I couldn't, not after last time. Just as fast as the feelings bubbled up, I felt nothing again and went numb.